Seven

Seline stepped down on her bike and it rumbled to life as Jughead stood still before her. 

"Well Juggy, it was nice meeting you." She added as she donned her helmet and brought down the visor over her face. 

Jughead watched the Lodge girl rev her bike before speeding out of the parking lot, bypassing the few cars out of traffic and speeding away. He scoffed, scratching his head the more he thought of the girl's behavior. 

Veronica emerged with her friends in tow, glancing around the parking lot to not find her sister. 

"Jughead," She began towards the dark-haired boy in a quickened pace, "Where's Seline?" 

"I told her that she could just go." The boy shrugged before starting in the direction of the drive-in. 

Seline stopped in front of Pop's Chock-lit shoppe, her stomach growling with immense hunger. Biting her lip, she looked around the lot as she kicked out her bike's stand then pulled her helmet from her head. 

As she kicked her leg off of the bike, she noticed the front door opened with a ding. 

"You have to be kidding me, mija." Hermione grimaced from the front step of the restaurant. 

"Hey, I don't bend to daddy's whim like you and Ronnie. This is my way of transport." Seline defended herself though she didn't need to. 

She started up the stairs, following her mother into the restaurant before finding a seat at the counter top. 

A robust older man stopped across the counter, patiently waiting for Seline to look at the menu. 

"Pop, can I get a strawberry milkshake and a cheeseburger?" 

The man nodded with a smile, then turned to the kitchen to mouth off the order. Seline shrugged her bag from her body and set it on the counter, rummaging through it to find her homework. 

"Selly, honey, why don't you take your order to-go?" Hermione stopped beside her daughter as she leaned against the counter. 

"Why? Do you not want me to see you working?" 

"N-no, that's not it. It's just that..." Hermione thought of an excuse as Seline took in her body language. 

"That's okay, mom. I'll stay." She stressed, turning back to her school work. 

Hermione sighed, but stayed at Seline's side, leaning into her with eyes narrowed.

"You went to school in that?" Her mother raised her brows, finally taking in Seline's style of clothing. 

Seline barely blinked at her mother's tone, glancing down her to her leather skirt and up to her lace top, "Yeah. The teachers loved it." She smirked. 

Hermione grimaced, but chose not to say anything. The front door dinged again and both Lodges looked to see an older man walk in with a crew. 

"Who is that?" Seline muttered to her mom as her eyes scanned the man's rugged demeanor, almost reminding her of FP. 

"That's Fred Andrews." Hermione informed her daughter as she turned to catch Seline's eyes, "Archie Andrew's father." 

Hermione stared at Seline, seeing her eyes dash in Fred Andrew's direction more than once. 

"Stop that." She tursed to her oldest daughter. 

Seline brought her finger to her mouth, lining her nail with her teeth, "Stop what?" 

"Stop ogling that man." Hermione stressed. 

"Why?" Seline caught her mother's glare and raised a brow. 

Hermione cleared her throat, straightening up as she brushed her apron down, "Because...he's more than 20 years your major." 

"Ooh, a challenge." Seline teased to her mother, only to see her mother's expression change uncomfortably. 

The oldest Lodge daughter stared at her mother for a long moment then over at Mr. Andrews before it clicked, "Oh. Oh, so you two are a thing?" 

"Hush your mouth." Hermione snapped under her breath. 

Seline scoffed, "I don't care, Mione. I won't tell daddy. Your secret's safe with me." She mimicked zipping her lips shut before locking them and tossing away the key. 

Hermione stared wearily at her daughter for a long moment before nodding and walking off to help the newly formed table of construction workers. 

Seline slipped her work back into her bag as Pop emerged from the kitchen with a tall strawberry milkshake. She hummed in excitement, clapping her fingertips together before thanking the old man for it. 

She leaned towards the red striped straw, lips parted as she glanced over to her mom working with the construction table. Seline sucked heavily until the sweet pink nectar hit her tongue. 

Hermione stood closely to Fred Andrews as she wrote down on the pad their orders. The man smiled up at her before glancing over to the counter to see a girl eye him. 

He raised his brows at the sight of her, cloaked in black and sucking down on a bright pink milkshake. Fred glanced to the girl's mauve colored lips before following her hand as she brushed her hair behind her shoulder. 

Seline wiggled her fingers in a wave towards the older man, causing him to scoff lowly and purse his lips together. She rested her hand on her thigh, tracing her fingers up to her skirt hem before hiking it up an inch or two. 

"Fred, what about you?" Hermione cut through the moment with her affectionate voice. 

The man coughed at the sudden noise then snapped his look back to the beautiful woman beside him. 

"Uh, I'll just have the usual." He said, his voice betraying him for a second before his cleared his throat. 

Seline turned back to the counter, pulling away from her sweet treat to cover her mouth with her lips. She hid a giggle as she swallowed the milkshake in her mouth. Looking back over to Fred's table, Hermione blocked the man's view of her and with excellent timing. 

The front door dinged once more and Seline grinned devilishly at the sight of the man in his leather jacket, still in the shirt he wore the night before. She bit her lip, rising from her seat and grabbing at the ends of the man's leather jacket as she led him out of the back exit of the Chock-lit shoppe.