Eleven

Seline found her way back to Kevin Keller's truck, hoisting herself over the side of the bed before looking over to her sister.

"Where's Kevin?" She questioned to her sister, glancing over the top of the truck, back to the Serpents huddled in the corner of the lot.

Seline's eyes glazed over FP as he leaned against his bike, arms crossed as he stared straight at her. She narrowed her eyes to search for Kevin before Veronica grabbed her wrist and yanked her down.

"He's gone to the concession stand. Where did you go?" Ronnie asked.

"Nowhere." Seline shrugged, "Went looking for a cigarette."

"I'm guessing you didn't find one?"

"People here aren't as generous as you think." Seline looked around until she saw Cheryl crossing the lot, "Except this maple syrup princess."

The oldest Lodge whistled for her new friend and Cheryl grinned as she made her way over.

"Hello again, you raven-haired siren." The Blossom girl looked over to Veronica with a light cock of her head, "Veronica."

Seline scoffed in amusement at her friend before climbing out of the truck bed, "Why don't we get going, my little sucrose? This drive-in's a dud."

Cheryl pouted out her bottom lip before nodding to the older girl, "Okay."

Seline nodded, looking over Cheryl's shoulder at the line of cars behind her. She raised her brows as she saw her mother in the same cab as Mr. Andrews. Hiding a grin from her lips, she told Cheryl to wait as she approached the truck.

Hermione excused herself from the truck, jarring the door open as Seline hid behind it. After her mother walked away, Seline circled the front of the truck, walking her fingers over the hood before tapping her knuckles to the older man's foggy window.

"Hi there." Seline purred, crossing her arms on the threshold of the window.

Fred struggled to keep a neutral face, his lips tensing as Seline leaned in to caress his full beard.

"I saw you at the diner today. I'm Seline, I'm new in town." She held her hand out for Mr. Andres to shake and he obliged.

"Fred Andrews."

The oldest Lodge tittered, "Nice to meet you, Fred."

FP watched from his bike, craning his neck to see what Seline was up to before scoffing. He pursed air through his lips, pushing up from his bike and approaching Fred's truck, only to be deterred by Alice Cooper storming up the side. He raised a brow in wait, hoping to see how the situation would unfold.

Seline laid her charm onto Mr. Andrews, hitching a leg up on his truck as she leaned herself in towards him. He flustered at the attention he was getting, one of his hands wringing on his steering wheel as the other tapped his car door.

"You on a date, Fred?" Seline asked innocently, only to be bumped away from Fred's attention and replaced by an older blonde.

"Picking up some entertainment, Fred?" The snooty Cooper scoffed, barely sparing a glance to Seline as she regained her composure.

Gritting her teeth, Seline straightened up before bumping Alice out of the way with her hip.

"Another time, you beautiful lumberman." Seline caressed the man's cheek before pushing off from her place and whistling for Cheryl.

"Let's go, maple princess. Shakes and burgers await!"

Back at Pop's, Seline sat across from Cheryl, stirring her thick shake with a striped straw.

"You seem to have your way with men." Cheryl added nonchalantly, shifting around fries on the plate split between them.

With a shrug, Seline replied, "It's a rare art form."

Cheryl spared a light grin as she nodded, "I would guess so."

More silence fell between the two of them until the front door rang, signaling Kevin's entrance with Veronica. Seline raised her hand to alert her sister then shifted over as Veronica sat down.

"What did I miss? Did James find a cause for his rebellion after all?" Seline turned to her sister, sliding her shake in front of her.

"On the contrary." Veronica sighed, leaning forward to take a sip of the thick treat.

"I guess I miss all the fun." Seline pouted, her eyes darting over to Kevin who was quiet.

"You seem a bit stricken on the pecker, Kevin. You have fun?"

Kevin raised his brows at Seline before giving a disinterested nod, reaching to take a sip of the strawberry shake.

"And what about Betty and Archie?"

Veronica shrugged, stealing the milkshake back, "Your guess is as good as mine."

Seline pouted her lips out in intrigue, only for the bell to ring again. Her eyes darted to the front door as she slowly smiled.

"Jughead. So glad for you to make it. Come, sit." Seline pat the small space between her and her sister.

Jughead climbed over the booth to perch on its head, leaning forward to steal a fry.

"I was promised burgers?" The boy raised a brow down at the oldest Lodge girl.

"And I will honor that promise. Pop!" She called over to the man wiping down the bar.

He looked up to the full table before Seline thumbed over to Jughead, "A regular for this Raven, please? My tab."

Jughead grinned as Pop nodded, turning to put in the order.

He leaned over and nudged Seline in the shoulder lightly, "Thanks."

"Don't mention it."