Ten

Cheryl and Seline drove through the small town of Riverdale in silence. Holding her hand out of the window to feel the brisk air between her fingers, Seline noticed Cheryl slow down as they drove through the crowded lot of the Drive-In. 

As the Blossom girl parked her bright red convertible, Seline hopped out of the car and started to walk off. 

"I'll have to catch up with you later, Cheryl. I'm gonna go find my sister." 

Seline straightened out her clothes again, picking up her feet to not scuff her boots in the gravel lot of the drive-in. The bright screen at the edge of the lot depicted a rugged James Dean giving his best pout while Seline walked tall in front of cars who's views she was obstructing. 

Cheryl folded the top down of her car, watching as her new friend made her way to Kevin Keller's pickup truck. 

As she approached the vehicle with her sister and her friend sitting in the backseat, Seline ran her hand along the side of the truck before slamming her hands against the side. 

Veronica fumbled her bag of popcorn with a gasp, showering Kevin with popped kernels. 

"Hi guys." Seline smiled, hoisting herself up over the side of the truck bed to pick popcorn from Kevin's hair, "How's the movie?" 

Veronica sighed, swiping popcorn from the Keller boy's shoulders as he did the same. 

"Could be better." Kevin shrugged as he smiled to Seline. 

"It'll be better, kiddo." She pat the boy's shoulder before looking to her sister, "You going to Pop's later?" 

Veronica shrugged, which caused Seline to raise her brows, unfazed. 

"That's alright, I'll get a ride back with Cheryl. She'd probably like to share a milkshake with me." Seline snarked until she felt a pair of hands on her waist. 

Glancing over her shoulder, Seline quickly smiled at the sight of FP before realizing the mood wasn't shared. 

"We need to talk, now." He muttered lowly, low enough that neither Veronica or Kevin noticed him by the vehicle. 

Seline pressed her cheek to her shoulder, "In a second." 

Turning back to the two kids before her, Seline opened her mouth to speak only for FP to grab and hoist her over his shoulder. 

"Now." He grimaced, straightening the girl on his shoulder before carrying her off towards the edge of the drive-in lot, behind the projection room. 

"I'll see you guys later. " Seline waved to her sister and Kevin before holding her head in her hand while FP carried her off. 

The older man huffed as he carried the girl on his shoulder through his clan of leather-wearing bikers, even as Seline tugged her skirt down a bit to not reveal her bare thighs. 

"Hello boys." She smiled to the men around her before FP jostled her on his shoulder, causing her to stop talking. 

As soon as they were shrouded in the darkness of the projection room and concessions, FP put Seline down and watched as she waded her short skirt to its length. He tried his hardest to not stare, crossing his arms and clearing his throat in wait. 

"I usually don't like to be manhandled, but I could make an exception for you, FP." 

Seline reached to toy with the man's collar as she spoke in a hushed voice, but he grabbed her hand and put it back to her side. 

"You're a Lodge?" He grimaced, trying hard to not point in the girl's face before him. 

She raised her brows, "And it bothers you, I'm guessing?"

FP shook his head, glancing over his shoulder to his biker friends before looking back to Seline, "You're Hermione's daughter..." 

"The older, more sane one." Seline added, which FP chose to ignore. 

He struggled to swallow the lump in his throat, knowing that this question was going to come up sooner or later and he wasn't ready to know the answer, "How old are you?" 

Seline withheld a scoff, taking hold of FP's shirt and closing the distance between them, "Does that really matter?" 

FP gripped at Seline's shoulders, regretfully tugging her away from him, "Yes. I can't have this hanging over my head." 

"Up there with your estranged wife?" 

The man let the girl go, swiping her hands from his clothes, "How old are you, Seline?" 

Seline rolled her eyes, "Seventeen, does it make you feel better?" 

FP shut his eyes, scoffing before his lips turned into a light grin, "Just barely." 

"This...doesn't change things does it?" Seline asked, hiding the weary in her voice with a coy smile. 

FP opened his eyes, looking to the sky before locking his gaze on Seline, "You know what I'm gonna say..." 

"No, I don't." She prompted, already pushing their previous conversation from her mind. 

"I can't keep doing this, Seline. There's too much going on here. You're too young for me, I'm still married." 

"And that means you can't have fun? Do I look like the girl to run to your wife?" 

The man furrowed his brows in confusion, giving Seline the once over, "No, and that's not what I'm saying. Look, I've got a son who can't know anything about this. He's just about your age." 

Seline waited for FP to continue, her arms crossed as her brows twitched in interest. 

"Hey dad." A voice behind her spoke up, following the sound of a shutting door. 

Barely glancing over her shoulder, Seline flashed a devilish smile to the charcoal-haired boy in his slate beanie. 

"Kiddo." She purred, moving from her locked position to give the boy a generous hug. 

Jughead took a deep breath in, feeling the girl's hug elongate his body as her chest pressed against his. Arms suddenly floating on the outside of Seline's grip, Jughead participated in a light pat between the girl's shoulders. 

FP carefully pat his jackets for his cigarettes, feeling the urge to light one up as he watched the two teenagers interact. He cleared his throat, reaching to pinch his nose with a loud sniff before kicking at the gravel beneath his feet. 

As the two teens pulled away from each other, Jughead reached for the back of his neck as Seline shrugged her shoulders with a hum. 

"What are you two doing back here?" He asked, his eyes darting from Seline to his father. 

"Nothing. Girl was just asking me for a cigarette, told her I was out. You know her?" 

Seline refrained from looking over to FP with narrowed eyes before resting her hand on Jughead's shoulder, "I bumped into him in the hall today. Now I see where you get all your good looks, Jughead." 

Jughead flashed a quick, awkward smile as he felt Seline's finger run over his cheek. 

"Well, I should get going back to the movie. Are you going to Pop's afterward?" 

The boy looked down at Seline, at her purple stained lips curved into an enticing smile, "Wouldn't miss it." 

"Good, first round of burgers and shakes are on me." She winked, retracting her hand before barely glancing back at FP. 

"Have a good night, Mr. Jones." Seline called over her shoulder, raising her hand to wave her fingers as she rounded the projection room, back to the drive-in lot.