2✨. a secret's peak

I tip around the crusted old building, Brendon following me slowly. "It reeks." he whispers and I nod slightly looking back. I press my hand against the stony wall. It's cold and hard.

 Leaves rustle in the distance

Leaves rustle in the distance. I whip around to Brendon and he turns pale. "Over there." he whispers, pointing a shaky finger to a mess of bushes crowding around a small rusted picket fence. I see a shadowy figure crouching down. Watching. Lurking.
I feel a shiver of excitement rush through me. Finally. I take a breath and make my way over to the bushes. Ignoring Brendon's hushed pleas for me to come back. Twigs crack underneath my heavy boots. snap. crunch. The bush rustles softly. I pull out my flashlight slowly. click. My eyebrows furrow as a flash goes off. It came from the bush. "Brendon." I call out as I usher him over. He jogs over to hesitantly. "We should go." he says pulling at my jacket. I shake my head. "I saw something Dallon, let's go." I ignore him and turn on my flashlight. Peering into the bush. My eyes widen. Brendon gasps. It's a boy. He's beautiful.

___________________________________

Well that was a waste. Brendon had told me that on the way back., but I'm not so sure. I couldn't get the boy out of my head. Pale skin, soft brown eyes, with a deep brown fringe. He looked lost, alone, dead. I remember the way the black polaroid contrasting with his almost translucent fingers. His eyes seemed to peer through me. Looking into my soul. Unamused. As if he knew we'd come. He was fascinating and I make sure to mark my calendar, putting an X on the day I plan to go back.

A/N
It's short ik and cringy but I'm tryin to get into the story so the chaps can be longer.