23: Au revoir

*Play the song while reading*

Sadness still lives in me, it's home is in my heart. I wanted to join you, I tried to join you, up there in the sky. Another sadden soul trying to fly high.
I can't stand it and I'm sure you can see, up there in clouds, they pity me, because you're not around. They think I'm weak and incapable. And well, they're not wrong. But it's because of you that I'm learning to be strong. I won't fear sleep and new arrivals. I still feel you inside me and from that i can tell, that I'm not only living life for me, but for you as well. So, even if I meet someone new, they'll never be able to replace you.

 So, even if I meet someone new, they'll never be able to replace you

Rain beats down on the ground around me. The sun faded and the trees green glow dulled. You would've loved it right now. Dark things excited you and I never knew why. But I loved that about you, light and dark. I suppose we were a perfect match.

I chuckle sadly and fold the letter, placing it into the envelope. I place a single rose onto the gravestone. Lilies were your favorite but you gave me a rose on our sixth date. You told me it was a symbol of our love, I had it crystallized so it'd never wilt. So, here I am giving it back to you. I'd planned on giving it to you sooner or later, maybe when we were married. I guess, I feel stupid now. I should've given it to you sooner.

 I should've given it to you sooner

This is my last goodbye. I've dreaded this moment for so long. The day where I move on. You told me once on the phone, while I was in treatment, To let go. You said it wasn't easy but you never told me it'd be this hard. Everything reminds me of you. No matter what I do, it always loops back to you. My heart can't take the pain anymore. So I've got to let go. Of you. Our past. Our future. But our memories will not stray. You'll always be a piece of me. And I of you. No matter alive or dead. You'll be my first love, until the end. I don't bother to wipe the tears that slip out from my shut eyes, this is closure. This is the end, until we meet again. "Goodbye Dallon." I place a kiss to my fingers and press them against your stone. The grass squishes underneath my shoes as I make my way back to the car. I get in and ignore the ache in my heart. Getting over you isn't going to be easy. I know that. But this is how I'll start.

 But this is how I'll start

Fin.

Small a/n
Hi, this is the end I'll be putting a puzzle piece part as well to explain any faulty or confusing parts and an alternate ending as well.
All love ▪ layla🌸