4✨. ruthless

"Do you ever shut up?" He asks me, pulling out books from the shelf. I scoff, and glare at his back, he stops moving the books and turns to me. "Look, I just like the quiet, sorry if I hurt your feelings." the apology was dry, but I accept it anyway, and end my rant about the book I had found. "What are you doing?" I ask, getting curious. He huffs, and rolls his eyes. You're not so pretty when you have an attitude. I think to myself and he turns to me a smirk on his face. "I'd rather have an attitude, thanks." he replies, before ripping away at the wall. My eyes widen. Did I say that out loud? I think, trying to figure out how he knew what I was thinking. "Don't waste your time wondering things you'll never know the answer to. Do you wanna help or not?" I frown, and hesitantly drop to my knees next to him. I start to pull away at the wall, I sneak glances. His brows knitted in concentration and I couldn't help but stare. He turns to me with a glare and I look away quickly, avoiding eye contact. "When I get you out of here, If I get you out of here, you can't come back." He says and I glance at him quickly. "Georgie? Is that your name?" I ask, changing the subject. He wrinkles his nose. "No, don't- no it's not." He replies, before putting his focus on the wall again. "Is it Randy, Ronald?" He makes a face at my suggestions and I can't help but break into a smile. "Where are you getting these names from? They're horrid." He says, a small smile appearing on his lips. "When I was outside, I saw 'R.R' on the fence. Is that you? Are you 'R.R'?" I ask, and he stays still for a few seconds before nodding slowly. I wait for an explanation but it doesn't come. We pick at the wall in silence, before he stops, turning to face me. "Ryan, that's my name. Not Ronald. Not Randy." He states, a slight grin makes it's way into his mouth and I fell my stomach flutter. "Ryan? I never thought of that. You look like a Randy." I say, and he nudges me, while shaking his head as he tries to hide a smile. "I'm Dallon, by the way." He looks over at me. Uttering a small, "You look like a Roger." before picking at the wall once more. A small hole comes into view and he smiles. Pulling away a long strip of paper. "We'll go out through here." he says, widening the hole by taking away more of the wall. "After that you have to stay away, no more snooping around my house." I sigh, and feel a weight in my stomach. "Will I ever see you again?" He frowns, turning to me. "Why do you want to?" He asks, crossing his arms as he glances from me to the hole. "You seem- interesting. I want to get to know you better." I say quietly and wait for the rejection, but it doesn't come. He uncrosses his arms and sighs. "Sure, whatever. Just- just get in the hole." A smile makes onto my mouth as I make my way down the tunnel. Excitement fills my body. I was already looking forward to the next time we'd meet.

A/N
Sorry it's short. My mind went blank after trying to update three books at a time. plus I'm tired asl😂💤~🌿