Be with him

•RILEYS POV•
We stepped closer to one another, not really paying attention as to what was happening. His hazel eyes were so beautiful, and I found myself getting lost in them every time I saw them. It wasn't until seconds after our lips had pressed together and we had our hands on each other that I suddenly realised.

I was cheating on my boyfriend.

I suddenly pull away, tears threatening to roll down my cheeks. I blinked furiously, desperate not to let them slip out.

I had always liked the tall dark haired boy. Yeah, he was incredibly handsome but he also had the sweetest personality ever. And when he asked me "what's wrong?" Whilst wiping the hot tears from my cheeks, it made me think...was it guilt? Because it felt like the best kiss ever...or was it that I knew we could never be together..? Or maybe it was because I cheated on the boy who I claimed to love, who was away on family vacation in England...the boy who i shared all my firsts with- first kiss, first date, first boy girl duet, first slow dance, first 'I love you'. All I knew was that I was in deep trouble, and that my mind was a mess.

And with the thoughts trailing behind me, I was gone.

•a few days later•

Today was the day I was dreading. I chipped off the paint on my nails and fiddled with the ring on my middle finger whilst sitting in the horrible airport chairs. I had arranged to drive Alfie and his family home after their holiday, and all I could do was hope and pray that I would be able to keep it together. I hadn't spoke to either of the boys since the kiss, however I didn't know whether to tell my trustworthy boyfriend or not...We built our 2 year relationship on trust, but maybe the foundations were being to rust...maybe this was too big to tell him?

But then I thought about the boy I kissed in my office the other day...I felt butterflies whenever I was around him and he always made me happy. He could always tell when something was bothering me, and even if I could never tell him what, he would comfort me. He was the boy anyone would be lucky to have...funny, sweet, caring, good looking- he was in the palms of my hands. Could I really throw him out..?

When I saw Alfie approach with his arms spread wide, the usual nauseous feeling returned. It was buried somewhere deep inside the pit of my stomach. Hidden away, so nobody could find it. It felt like the opposite of the butterflies I would feel when I was around 'him'...

Nether less, using all the energy I had I gave him a hug and a peck on the lips. It terrified me, and not because it reminded me of me cheating...but because what 'he' had to offer was better...

After greeting him and his parents and having casual conversation about their trip away whilst in the car, I finally pulled up outside.

"We'll leave you two to catch up for a while" Alfie's dad smiled as his parents headed into the house. It was just me and Alfie. In the car alone. In the seats next to one another. Suddenly it all felt way too claustrophobic. I opened a window, feeling the cool winter breeze on my skin. It was cold out, but it seemed almost like an escape.
"S-so, how was the trip?" I muttered, before realising by his face I said something wrong.
"We spoke about the trip the whole way home!" Alfie laughed. I must have been zoned out, because I don't remember talking about it...I just laughed along and replied "oh yeah, silly me!"

As he unclipped his seatbelt, I felt a wave of relief hit me. I was about to say goodbye but he interrupted.
"Don't worry, I'm not going in yet. I still want to know what you got up to!" He smiled. He had no idea what went down...

He must have seen the worried look on my face because he spoke up again.
"Ri baby, what's wrong your awfully quiet?"
"Noth-" I tried to say but got interrupted.
"If you're worried that I found a pretty British girl, or cheated, or didn't get that English chocolate you asked me to bring back then there's nothing to worr-"
"I cheated!" I blurted out. The car fell silent. I'm not sure who felt worse...

"I kissed someone..." I whispered after a while. He just nodded and bit his cheek.
"Okay...who?" He asked sadly.
I gulped "J-James...it was James."

But instead of Alfie lashing out, he smiled a bit. He genuinely looked pained, but it was still a smile...What?

"I've seen the way you look at him" he whispered. I was so confused. "I know you have feelings for him, it's obvious" he said.
"W-what?" I asked unsure of what he meant. I was expecting him to be mad and upset- which he was a bit teary eyed but he had a small smile on his face too.

"The way you look at him, the way you get nervous around him, I noticed it all. I never realised before, and I'm not sure you did either but I know you two like one another. You're probably wondering how I know that..." he said and I simply nodded. He laughed a little.
"Well, minus the fact we dated for two years and I learnt every small thing about your emotions" he started off "the way you look at him was the way you used to look at me. With nerves, happiness and desire all in one." I smiled a little, knowing he was right.

"But now I've realised, that it's not the same as before...you don't have the sparkle in your eyes when you look at me, you don't glance at my lips every once in a while" He chuckled sadly. By now tears were rolling down my cheeks, gently being wiped away by Alfie's thumb.

"But one thing I do know...is that you'll make James one very, happy boy."

---
Haha i tried to trick you into thinking she cheated on James and kissed Alfie, it it was actually the other way around lol. Let me know if you enjoyed this xxx