Part 4

The child giggled in glee, "I hope you're really strong!" He replied, dashing in my direction, eyes blazing like wildfire. Judging by the look on his face, his intentions were not something I would've liked him to follow through with.

I sighed, "Barrier Series: Shielded Aura!" A shield begun to materialise around me, every inch of it beaming with a holy, light radiance. If the child only had physical attacks, they would prove impervious to my divine barrier.

A smug look spread across my face as the child would barrage my barrier with his fists, only for them to be uselessly deflected back. However, I knew the barrier wouldn't last forever, I just needed to strategise.

The child seemed to have no magical or ranged capabilities in the slightest, so in my drunken state, I came to the true, but simple conclusion that as long as I managed to keep my distance, I had the tactical advantage over the fight.

I released myself from the shield and jump back, one of the child's attacks scraping against my left cheekbone, and, as a result, blood would begin to seep out. Wiping it off, I turned to the child and glared, "Oh, it is so on now."

Jumping back, I aimed my hand in the child's direction, "Fire Series: Flaming Barrage!" Flames protruded from the end of my hands and collided into the child, engulfing him in a constant blitz of fire and fury.

He'd stare ahead at me, his eyes bored and motionless, he seemed unphased by his current situation and merely walked through it, unscathed by it all. I stared ahead in shock, "What the hell are you?" I said, my mouth agape in awe. A shiver ran up my spine as it dawned on me what was to happen next.

"Me?" The child giggled, a deadly grin spread across his face. "I'm just a child looking for someone to play with, and I think I've found my perfect toy." He let out an ear-splitting screech, dashed forward and as I accepted my impending doom, I shut my eyes and waited for it to unfold.

Nothing happened.
I opened my eyes again and, despite my doubts, the child had completely vanished, the only sign of his existence was the broken lamp post in which he had punched me into.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep that night.