Part 10

Fuck. I wasn't actually attacking the kid, I was firing at his afterimage! I left myself completely open and now I was paying the consequence. One after another, the attacks wouldn't stop coming, one in the stomach, then the cheek again, another in the leg, then in the arm. There was no way I was going to be able to compete with such strength and speed. I underestimated his capabilities, he was so slow last time!

Blow after blow, I felt myself slowly slipping from consciousness. If I pass out, then I'm utterly screwed, more so than in my current situation.

Guess it was finally time to use THAT magic.

He punched one last time, a punch, which blasted me through a vacant house and into a kitchen. A punch which, broke multiple plates, bowls, mugs and probably my back. Needless to say, I was not paying for collateral damage.

I attempted to endure all the pain in my body, but, despite my best efforts, the searing, burning sensation had infected every part of my body, leaving me immobilised. Well, almost immobilised.

"Void Series: Spacial Manipulation!" As soon as the words had left my mouth, I knew that now I was in control. My trump card had now been drawn. This time, I was going to be the one winning,

My view of time and space began to distort around me, everything was now warped, and much slower than usual. This was going to be fun.

I sprinted toward my opponent, now much faster than ever before. While I now had the upper hand, I still had to be wary of his attacks, the more he damaged me, the more reckless I'd become. The only thing fuelling me in this state was my rage mixed with bloodlust. Carelessness was not the way forward. I had to maintain control over the situation.

The child began to giggle uncontrollably, as if amused by the sudden threat. Then pierced through my concentration with a bone-chilling stare, his mouth twisted into an unnatural grin. I halted, unnerved by his sudden change of attitude. Was he not the least bit worried?
"Finally!" He shouted "I thought you were going to be boring! Guess it's time for the real fight!"
"You're a psychopath!" I retaliated, sprinting closer toward him, picking up my pace. Temporal distortion over space had caused the area around me to twist and bend, creating a long, winding street that resembled nothing like it's original counterpart. The houses that were once stacked across the street in a terrace were now reduced to nothing but a few odd parts of rubble.

We had now entered the Voidal Plane.