Part 12

I let out a roar of fury and brought my other hand up in an uppercut, catching him in a direct hit and sending him flying off into the distance. I'd landed a hit!

A surge of excitement flowed through my body. I'd never felt anything like that before, just the perpetual sadness and grim boredom that came with being who I was. I felt the raw energy, felt happiness; finally able to escape the constant boredom that I carried on my shoulders and felt complete and utter determination. I was not going to disappoint myself, or the kid. I felt alive, for once in my life, I felt so, so, alive.

The punch had completely obliterated all of the surrounding area, apart from a chunk of ground beneath me creating even more ammo for me to rain hell onto the child. Guess this was a better time than ever. He was stranded into the air, floating about aimlessly due to a lack of gravity. I raised my hand again, and threw it down, sending a barrage of endless pieces of sharp rock that were honed into a needlepoint into his direction. He couldn't escape, he had no way to move apart from the momentum of other objects, so it's a good thing we just obliterated any object he could have propelled himself off of.

They all stuck perfectly, each jagged object making their mark on the kid, ripping at his clothed, tearing at his skin, and the dust and dirt blinded him temporarily. The attack had been incredibly effective, much better than I'd expected.

"Come on now, I'm not going full out for nothing now, am I?" I teased. Looking down, I tried to figure out a way to reach the child, my eyes drifted upon the slab of rock I was standing on.
"Aha!" I crouched down, and jumped with all my might, rocketing through the air at incredible speeds. I spun round and caught the kid in a roundhouse kick, blasting him further off. Guess I had to use magic rather than momentum to move myself about,
"Fire Series: Constant Flame." Fire erupted from my back, allowing me to move about freely in the area, while the kid, on the other hand, was a sitting duck. I flew forwards him, getting ready to punch again with my rocky fists.

I reached closer and closer, but he didn't seem to react at all, in fact, it looked like he was knocked unconscious. I was now right next to him, his eyes were shut and his breathing had slowed down an immense amount. I guessed, in the end, he wasn't as powerful as I'd assumed.

Wait, something was wrong.