Part 29 - Chapter 7 - The Eupherbian and Hojo

I had been living in the town my entire life. In all honesty, I don't know where I came from, I wasn't aware if I had a mother or a father, all I can remember is that I woke up one day and from there I just started living, I became a member of this society, or, to be more truthful, I became a member of a society that lacked exactly that. It doesn't much interest me where I came from, if I never met my mother or father, then why should I? All I knew is that I was here for a reason, that I played into something. I had to, there was no other way to explain why I just woke up there.

I spent most of my time just reading books, learning, adapting and becoming more and more aware of the things around me. Eventually, I had read everything the town had to offer and now, 150 years later after I woke up. I'm still just as bored and just as confused as I was when I came into reality. One thing that perplexed me the most was my extended lifespan, I was fully aware that humans live up to one hundred if they're lucky, but I looked like I was in my late twenties or early thirties. I'm not too sure if it was because of the necronomicon, or I wasn't as human as I had once thought.

One thought lead to another and eventually Hojo was on my mind. Was he human? How was he so strong? Is it magic? Did he come into contact with an enchanted object? Questions flooded my mind, questions that I wanted answered. Assumptions or guesswork weren't nearly as satisfying as the truth, I made a mental note to question Hojo when I could.

And, speak of the devil, there was a knock at my door. It couldn't be anybody else.
"Come in, it's unlocked." Like clockwork, once the words left my mouth the door opened and in walked Violetta and Hojo. In all honesty, I couldn't see a single similarity between the two of them, they were both so different in every way possible it seemed impossible to get them to work together.

Hojo was young and innocent, he seemed to be able to amuse himself with almost anything. Everything looked like a wonder and he was all over the place, barely able to contain excitement, whereas Violetta was serious and composed, her face was hardened through whatever experiences she must have gone through. Hojo was emotional. Violetta was intelligent.

Hojo waved, "Hello again!" He chimed, a stupid grin plastered onto his face. "I'm so happy you're working with us! Maybe we can fight again!" He punched his fist, "You're so fun to fight against!" Violetta would shush him and look at me, "We've decided that we're going to need you to be with us at practically all times. We have no clue when Maxwell will decide to make an appearance. Besides, I'm pretty sure the place you'll be staying in will be much better than..." She looked about, "This dump. Pack your things, Jordan."