Prologue

4 years ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jimin, honey, we need to talk." Jimins mother said, entering his room with his father.

"What's up guys?" He looked up from his homework towards his parents.

"Well you see,"she sat next to him on the bed of green and blue anemones, "you're getting older and-"

"Oh eomma please let's not have the puberty talk right now, I get it, my fins will get bigger, my voice'll get deeper, I'll get taller-"

"No hun,"she interrupted, "you see...umm....Eric! You say it!"

"Uh ok then.....ummm....Jimin, aish, how do I say this? You're going to live on land for a while." Jimins face froze, wondering if this was a joke or not. He didn't know what to say, so he laughed.

"Haha guys, really funny, now why are you really here?"

"No Jimin, we're telling the truth. You need to go on land for educational purposes. Some things you just can't learn in the ocean." His mother said.

"What?! You're serious?! I really have to go?!" So many questions ran through Jimins head, it was so hard to comprehend what was happening. And he couldn't put his mind into words. It was like his voice box was broken, not letting words pass out of his mouth.

"What- how- why? How will I even get there? GASP HOW WILL I GET LEGS?!"

"All of that will be taken care of son, you'll have a tutor. You'll train for 2 months before you go, don't worry, we won't let you go in blind."

"What about everyone? How will I leave my friends? Or you guys?"

"It'll be hard Jimin we know, trust me I know. I'm your mother I don't want to send you away. It'll be hard to live without you as well." She put her arm around his shoulder.

"Why is it for education?" He looked at his parents again, is this really happening? He thought.

"Some things you just can't learn down here son."

"What if I don't wanna go?"

"That's fine, you just won't become king and well have to send your brother in 2 years when he's your age. Would you like that instead?"

"No no no, I'll do it." They knew Jimin would never put his brother through an experience like this. Jihyun was too special to Jimin for to put him through that.

"But why now, I'm only 14, I can't handle myself."

"You won't be alone, you'll have a teacher remember? He'll be with you most of the time, except for school of course." This was all a lot to take in.