f i f t e e n

"Its time I finish my underwater studies and become king."
~~~~~~~

Jimin, Jungkook, Sungjin, and Jin were standing by the beach. It was time for Jimin and Jungkook to leave. They all stood far away from the water to prevent any accidents that could possibly happen and expose them.

Jungkook hugged Sungjin tight. Even if he wasnt above land for long, he became attached to his hyung who seemed like a real brother to him. Sungjin would come back, but he made so many friends above land that he would miss. He didn't have many friends underwater, since he was always stuck doing work in the castle. He said he would visit though.

Jimin also embraced Jin, who didnt seem like a brother to Jimin, but a mother. Jin basically raised him through his teenage years. During the time of his life where he needed the most guidance, Jin was there. During his graduations, Jin was there. During finding out that he was gay, Jin was there. It would be hard to live life without the older.

After saying their goodbyes, Jimin and Jungkook walked through the tunnel of the cave they found and looked into the pool.

"This is it." Jimin spoke.

"Itll be a long swim." Jungkook said.

They looked up at one another before attaching hands and jumping into the pool.

Their legs changed into tails and their clothes disappeared off of their bodies. Their lungs stretched wider to hold more oxygen underwater.

Jimin broke the surface first, he didnt need to but he wanted to look around one last time.

Goodbye

He thought before Jungkook joined him.

"Whats wrong?"

"I'm just gonna miss it here." Jimin answered quietly.

"I understand, it took me a while to leave the kingdom before coming here. But, we have to go. By the time we get to Flounder's Way it'll be dark."

"Ok."

Jungkook disappeared under the water and swam through the opening, Jimin watched him and then looked around the cave one more time before following the younger male to the depths of the ocean.

~~~~~~~

Up and down were their tails as they swam through the deep. The light from the sun, bounced off of their scales, created a flash of light when they move. Their hands intertwined together while they swam. It was a beautiful picture, the two mermen swimming with their tails in sync.

"Lets stay at a reef for the night." Jungkook spoke when he saw the light dimming. "It's getting dark and we won't be able to swim far we're tired tomorrow."

"Ok. Jimin answered and looked around. He saw a pattern of small purple shells leading somewhere. That is the path they need to take to get to the nearest coral reef. Merpeople usually place purple shells to show where coral reefs are, green are for finding kingdoms, and blue are for going to land. They've been following the green path so far.

"Come on, the purple shells are this way." Jimin pointed. He pulled Jungkook along and soon arrived at the coral reef. There was a little dip in the ground near the reef for merpeople who were travelling to rest in. The dip was separated by sections and each section could hold 4 mer, so they were pretty big.