Chapter 9

"What?! Are you serious? Gawd, Debby! We're on vacay leave!" shouted Kaye with exasperation and amusement.

"Oo nga naman, Debby. Can you at least refused that job? You're being workaholic again," added Tom.

"Guys, guys. Relax. I'm not flying to NY. I'm taking the job here. Well, at least I'll still be able to have my vacay leave," I winked at them.

"Damn that boss of yours! Wala na ba kayong ibang employees sa kumpanyang yan?" Kaye said, angrily.

Tom's phone suddenly beeped and lumabas sya to answer it.

"Kaye, relax. Will you? Hindi ko nga rin alam why me. It's a big offer. I can be promoted if I do this. Aren't you happy?"

"If being successful lang naman, yes we are happy for you. But not on this leave. Damn it!"

"Kaye naman. I missed working na. Too soon, we''l be flying back to NY. At least hindi panibago sa akin ang magtrabaho."

"Exactly! Kaya nga don't accept the job."

Tom, walked in. 

"Excuse me ladies. Kaye, can I talk to you for a sec. Urgent."

Sumama agad si Kaye palabas. I wonder why. But nag-iba bigla ang aura ni Tom. I followed them to peeped in. Kaso, they went inside the car. Tinted windows ang car kaya hindi ko masyadong makita yung ginagawa nila. Are they doing miracle? Suddenly, my phone beeped.

Raphael: I miss you, honeybear. I love you. May lunch date ako with a female client today. I texted just to inform you. 

I replied.

Me: Ok. TC

He replied.

Raphy: Wala bang I love you or I miss you too?

ME: Raphy. You're working. And kakakita lang natin kanina. :">

Raphy: Yeah right. I'll wait for that to happened. I love you. By the way, let's meet tonight.

ME: It's not yet weekend. And I got a client to meet today too.

Raphy: I thought you're on leave. Okay. Take care. I love you.

ME: You too.

Then I hurried and checked my time. I got to see a client at 3 PM. Meanwhile, I checked my email na rin to see the client. KD group of companies. One of the biggest publishing companies in Chicago. Kaya pala.

Scanning...

Scanning...

Scanning...

Weird. I haven't seen any pictures of the company's CEO. Well. It's not important. If I can get the KD account, I'll sure be promoted.

"I can win you," I told myself.