Chapter 6: Halftrack Cover

Blake: I hear something!

Moments after Blake said this, Yang then sighted a camouflaged Sdfkz 250 halftrack crushing through the trees, seemingly trying to get through the forest. The Germans were talking to each other inconspicuously to each other.

SS Soldier: Dieser ort stinkt so viel wie Russland!

SS Officer: Ruhig, sonst werden die Partisanen uns finden.

Ruby: *whispers* Get down guys!

Team RWBY all followed their leader and dropped down onto the ground in a nearby ditch. Ruby held her breath as the armoured vehicle made their way past them, suddenly an explosion rammed into the frontal armour forcing the engine to cough and blow out black smoke and flames, just then a second one ruptured the sides, causing the tracks to fall off and break.

Weiss: Yang?

Weiss turned to the blond, thinking that Yang got up and blasted the vehicle with her gauntlets. Yang stared at Weiss back and she confirmed that someone else had blown up the scout vehicle.

Yang: Wasn't me...

Then the SS soldiers who were currently patrolling the area, which amounted to five of them had gotten off and spotted Team RWBY in the adjacent ditch. The officer unholstered his P38 pistol and aimed it at the huntresses.

SS Officer: Ihr vier! Hebt die hände in die luft!

Yang: Great, we've been caught.

Yang was interrupted when machine-gun fire from a nearby batch of trees began filling the air, she blinked as the SS Soldiers were gunned down by more Earthen soldiers hiding in the trees.

Ruby: Whoa...

???: 82nd Airborne! We're coming out.

Blake: Those accents don't seem German.

Blake along with RWBY were surprised to see 3 soldiers come out of the trees, one with a rifle, one with a sub machine gun and another with some sort of armoured piecing weapon similar to the German Panzerschreck.

Weiss: Who are you? Because you don't seem German to me.

The soldiers whispered something to each other and introduced themselves to the huntresses.

Travers: Corporal Boyd Travers, US Army, 82nd Airborne.

Reiben: Name's Richard Reiben, em, what he said for the second time, 2nd Rangers.

Banning: Private Todd Banning, US Army, 101st Airborne.

The huntresses later introduced themselves to the American soldiers one by one.

Reiben: Okay what did I tell you Banning? They're living proof we're not at Normandy anymore, huh? I told you that the black wolf we encountered earlier was not of Earth.

Ruby: You guys are from Earth too?

Banning: So we really are somewhere else...

Todd went over and kicked the destroyed German vehicle. While Reiben threw off his helmet and walked around in circles.

Reiben: Yup, and as fuckin' luck would have it. We're somewhere the NAZIS, out of all possible people are fricken' everywhere!

Travers: Calm down Reiben, the others would have found a village now.

Ruby: Others?

Banning: There are more of us, about 9. We sent them off to find any settlements we could stay at. Though they ain't found anything yet.

Yang: You're free to come with us if you want to. We're also searching for something.

Travers: Sounds like a good idea, come on men, we're with them now. Let's try finding the village by nightfall, the Germans will be searching for that patrol squad.