Chapter 17: Unfortunate Turn of Events

The group eventually made it back to Atlas, expecting Atlesian soldiers guarding the docks. Though what Y/N didn't comprehend was that there would be a platoon of British soldiers waiting for them at the docks. All pointing their rifles at Y/N, he raised his hands in the air.

BEF Soldier: Stop! Don't move

Adalard: Jou've got zoo be kidding me! How are zey out of all people here?!

Y/N: Vhoa vhoa, calm down. Ve come in peace.

BEF Soldier: Fuckin' Nazis you're all supposed to be defeated!

Hans, Vastilza and Alfonso aimed their rifles at the British soldiers. While the tension grew, Atlesian soldiers stepped onto the scene. Separating the two groups apart, as the BEF let Team RWBY and the Americans pass.

Atlesian: Call General Ironwood, Tell him we have five targets in custody.

Ruby: No wait! Don't!

Ruby yelled, grabbing the soldiers' walkie-talkie.

Weiss: They're on our side, the leader tells that he has vital information for the General.

Atlesian: I don't know Miss Schnee...

Then 3 bullheads arrived at the scene, one of the containing General Ironwood and a man wearing a red beret, of the SAS.

British Conmander: Well well well, first my platoon and I get shoved right out here in the middle of nowhere. And then we realize from this man that you vermin are still around and now you're taken over this world!? God! And the effort we took to destroy you.

Y/N: Listen, Herr General. Ve have very important information zoo tell you. It could bring the survival of Atlas!

Ironwood: Really... Because we haven't already lost hmmmm. I don't know? 400 men because of your damned tower!

Y/N: Nien nien nien! It zis important.

Alfonso: I'd-a listen to-a him. I do not-a want a bullet between-a those eyes of yours!

Y/N: General... I vant zoo help.

Ironwood placed his hand to his chin, briefly considering the offer.

Ironwood: I'll consider... Throwing you five into jail!

Ruby: NO!

Ironwood: Miss Rose! It is for the greater good of Atlas. These men will be a threat to our kingdom. Commander, tell your boys to lock them up.

Adalard: Nice move... dummkopf.

Y/N: General! Jou don't know vat you're doing! Atlas is in trouble! Germany will strike soon!

Suddenly, a large wailing noise clouded the air around the docks, civilians pointed to the skies and began running to the nearest cover.

Y/N: STUKAS!

Travers: Take cover!

Every single soldier scattered around, avoiding the bombers as they blew up the docks, and the bullheads. A brit stood his ground, firing a Bren machine gun at the aircraft. Yelling like he was Tarzan or something.

Y/N was hit from behind by a shockwaves, causing him to fall into the ocean.

Ruby: Y/N! I'll save you!

Ruby leapt into the water, and grabbed Y/N's SS uniform, doing her best to drag him back to the surface, but he was heavy. Ruby felt her strength leaving her body, as she accidentally gulped in some water. Then she felt a strong arm grab her cape. And lift her up.

Yang: Ruby! Are you okay?

Ruby: *coughs* Yeah! *coughs* I'm alright.

Ruby dropped Y/N's unconscious body on the ground and looked around, seeing wounded or dead soldiers, civilians who were gritty were escorted to Atlas city by a convoy.

A young British boy did a little celebration dance on the shot down ruins of a Ju87 Stuka. Hoisting his Bren up in the air. Then, she saw a bloody and wounded General Ironwood.

Weiss: Oh no!

Team Ruby ran to the General, who was currently being given morphine by a medic. He had a large gaping wound in his abdomen and neck. Possibly due to shrapnel.

Ironwood: G-got me... Right where it counted... *coughs*

Ironwood wretched and wheezed as he felt blood coming out from his mouth. He then pointed to Y/N, who was currently now conscious tending to Vastilza with Adalard and Alfonso.

Y/N: Vast! Vastilza are jou okay?

Vastilza: Ughh, Finland...

Adalard: Vat?

Ironwood: H-he i-is Remnant's l-last hope. I-if he really w-wants t-to *cough* save us. G-give h-him this. It'll t-tell him t-that...

Ironwood handed to Ruby a damaged and bloodstained scroll. But before ehe could finish he grunted, coughing out blood one more time as he convulsed and died. General Ironwood was no more...

Weiss: General? General!

Blake patted Weiss' back as Weiss looked down with pity. Ruby took onw look on her scroll and began walking to Y/N, Yang shook her fist to the sky.

Yang: Curse you Nazi Germany!