Chapter 15: Calm Before The Storm

Blake: So you're trying to tell us that the Nazis now have a super weapon, and are planning to use in on us?

Y/N: Ja, I know ze location of ze bomb. Zey are going to transport it zoo ze island of Vytal. Load it onto a bomber, und... goodbye Atlas.

Adalard: Ve can help, if jou vant zoo save Remnant jou have zoo trust us.

Ruby: Oh... Alright, we'll believe you.

Y/N: Danke, Ruby.

Reiben: So, what are we waiting for? We still need to get to Atlas.

Y/N: Vell? Komm, nien time zoo vaste!

Vastilza: Atlas or bust!

Meanwhile...

Ironwood: Finally, we've got the power back up. Now... how goes the Mistral garrison.

Atlesian Soldier: Sir... We do not have confirmation that the Nazis are gonna attack either Mistral or Atlas. And we also haven't heard from Team RWBY or our informant yet we believe that they may have been spotted.

Ironwood: Oh no... They must've been taken prisoner. This isn't good, the Nazis must be onto us! We need to attack quickly!

Atlesian Soldier: B-but sir! The-

Ironwood: None of that right now! I'm a General and you my friend are a private! Now go out there and ready the troops, we're going to attack whatever the Nazis are building.

Atlesian Soldier: Umm, yeah we have the location b-bu...

Ironwood: ARE YOU DEAF!? DEPLOY THE GARRISON! MOVE NOW!

Atlesian Soldier: Y-yes sir!

The soldier rushed out, slipping on his helmet. And grabbing his radio.

Atlesian Soldier: We have urgent orders from the General! Begin loading the airships! Destination Vale! Mission search and destroy!

Squadrons of Atlesians ran to their respective Bullheads, loading them within seconds, dropships were also stuffed with androids, and the Atlesian frigate 'Serenity' was launched too. The fleet moved through the northern Remnant ocean to Nazi-occupied Vale.

Later...

After finding a rather large abandoned fishing vessel, the group pushed it into the sea and got onto it, heading to Atlas. Y/N sat on the bow and relaxed. Not noticing Ruby walk up and sit down next to him.

Ruby: Hey Y/N.

Y/N: Fräulein Rose... Guten tag.

Ruby then had to endure a long awkward silence between the both of them. She then found a topic to discuss with Y/N.

Ruby: So Y/N, what made you leave the Nazi-side?

Y/N was surprised at this question and sat up straight, cracking his back a bit. Then rubbing the back of his neck. Trying to find a response.

Y/N: I... I left ze Nazis because...

He couldn't find an exact answer. Eventually he mustered what he could.

Y/N: It's because... It's likely turning
me inzo something I'm not.

Ruby: Really? So you're not a Nazi?

Y/N: I'd never want to be part of an organization that murders millions of people in the blink of an eye... I'm a soldier, not a monster. My purpose is to kill enemy soldiers, people who want me dead. Not civilians who are innocent.

Ruby: I don't think of you as a monster.

Y/N: Jou don't?

Ruby: Nope.

Y/N chuckled at the very way Ruby just squeaked out 'Nope'.

Ruby: Everyone has something different within. Whether it be... Nazi stuff. Or good guy stuff. Y'know.

Y/N: Vell zen, jou certainly bring inspiration. He he he.

Y/N leaned forward, and in a surprising notion, hugged Ruby. Who was surprised, but hugged the young German back.

Suddenly, Adalard came running into the scene.

Adalard: Y/N! Y/N! Ve have trouble!

Y/N: Vat! Vat ist it Adalard?

Alfonso came running up beside Adalard.

Alfonso: We have-a large group of-a enemy aerial-a ships approaching.

Y/N and Ruby looked up, to see dozens of bullheads, even a large Atlesian Frigate, hover past the small boat, whom didn't really take notice to the vessel.

Blake: The invasion fleet!

Yang: They weren't supposed to assault Vale  for a few weeks!

Weiss: Well they're here.

Hans: They're going to attack the Flaktürm!

Y/N: Schiessen... I feel bad fur zem...