Chapter VII

{ N.B. : The author of this story decided to make a change regarding the age orders. So Jaebum is supposed to be the older one and then comes Mark and Jackson in the same year (18). Then the order is the same from Jinyoung to Yugyeom for the same year (17). }

====================
The sun had set for a while now and it was already time to go to sleep. A bit earlier Youngjae was worried about his dog Coco, whom he hadn't seen since the day before. Mark had immediately offered himself to go get her at Youngjae's and had come back fifteen minutes later with Coco and all her stuff along with some he had bought on the road. Mark loves animals, dogs in particular. As for Coco, she didn't seem to hate him and didn't let go of him even after her reunion with Youngjae.

Jaebum and Youngjae were about to go up in their room but as Jinyoung was now able to walk, he asked to talk to Youngjae privately. They headed towards the patio and Jinyoung didn't wait long to start talking.

" As you know I can read minds. I took the liberty to enter your mind earlier because you seemed strangely too calm. I've seen how you really feel. You shouldn't keep it all to yourself. If you don't trust us, at least say it to Jaebum."

It was true. Youngjae has only been pretending to be okay. In fact, he was frightened. What could these vampires want from him? How would they know who he was? But mostly, would it put Jaebum and the others in danger?

" I don't want you to keep on worrying about my mental health. I don't want to be a burden for you. You accepted me even though I'm human and I'm really thankful. I don't want to stay on your way."

At the same time, Jinyoung was both surprised and touched by Youngjae's words.

" We're the ones who should be thankful, Youngjae. You're the one who accepted us even though we're vampires. You saved our prince and you're making him happy. And you're our friend, of course we want to protect you."

" I want to protect you too. Tell me, if we erase a vampire's memories about the one he loves, he forgets about them and his life is safe, right?"

" I think so but why is that?"

Suddenly Youngjae held on tight on Jinyoung's arm.

" I beg you Jinyoung hyung... Promise me that if something ever turns bad because of me you will erase me from Jaebum's memories and you will deliver me to the ones who are after me."

" Wh-what? I... Youngjae, no!"

" Please. You can erase your memories and the others' ones if you want to! But promise me if things turn badly, then you will let me surrender and you will do that for me."

Jinyoung stayed silent for a moment.

" I don't need to promise you that because I'm sure it won't go to that extreme. And even if such a problem appears, we'll all find a solution together."

" I'm counting on you, hyung.", Youngjae said before going back inside.

Youngjae went to join Jaebum. On the road he thought about everything that had changed since he fell in love with Jaebum. He wasn't alone anymore, he has friends who seemed to love him as much as he does about them, he couldn't see any other than Jaebum and mostly he eventually had found someone whom he loves enough to sacrifice himself if it was necessary : his friends but mostly Jaebum. Everytime he would see his hyung, he would find him a little bit more beautiful. Everytime Jaebum would speak, he would find his voice even more melodious. Everytime, he would fall a little bit more in love with Jaebum.

But all those feelings were new to Youngjae and he didn't really know how to show his affection. He knew he needed to be a little more demonstrative, mostly when Jaebum was acting as the perfect boyfriend. But Youngjae wasn't confident at all, he didn't believe in himself.