Chapter XVI

Youngjae was frightened. He didn't dare to move even though running away would be the logical option. But his body was staying still. He was hoping Yugyeom would arrive quickly but the called Hyungwon really began to be out of control and it semmed he would succeed to break through Jooheon and I.M.'s defense wall soon. The others didn't know what to do. Some were scared to end up like Hyungwon if they stood too much close to Youngjae while others were too much obsessed with the scene to even move a finger.

What should have happened, happened. Hyungwon managed to break through Jooheon and I.M. and hurried towards Youngjae.

Except that when Hyungwon eventually reached Youngjae's level, the latter disapeared in front of him. Hyungwon came to a stop, calmed down, and looked around him. On the other side of the big room, the prince was standing, holding Youngjae in his arms. Each of them were both astonisehed and stressed about the prince's coming. The latter seemed to only be caring about Youngjae, making sure nothing happened to him. Then suddenly, he turned his head towards the vampires with a hard glare and frowning.

" Back off until the end of the room. Nobody move or he won't be able to get out of this room alive."

Scared, everyone obeyed and moved backwards. Jaebum turned to Youngjae again.

" Why isn't Yugyeom with you?"

" He went to bring some phials of his blood when my scent got back to normal but he still hasn't come back."

" Fine. ", he said. "I told you not to drink anyone else's blood anymore."

Youngjae began to pout and crossed his arms.

" It's not my fault if my scent came back right at that moment and you weren't there. On top of that, we don't even have a phial of your blood."

Jaebum was about to answer but was cut by Yugyeom's arrival who was surprised to see the prince was there.

" Why are you only arriving by now?" Jaebum reprimanded.

" I couldn't find the bag containing the phials. And when I found it I let the remaining phial fall thus I had to clean then catch some empty ones to fill them. But I didn't have the time to do it, I came back to check if something had happened to Youngjae."

" Well if I didn't arrive something would definitely have happened and you would've been punished as much as Hyungwon is going to be. Do you have empty phials?"

Yugyeom nodded his head.

" Give me one and don't you fill the others with your blood."

Yugyeom did as he was told and Jaebum ruffled Youngjae's hair who was still pouting.

" Stop pouting... I'm here and you'll have a phial filled with my blood, everything's settled."

Jaebum opened the phial and turned around, so that Youngjae wouldn't see what was next. He made his canines grow and neared his arm to his mouth before cutting it with his sharp teeth which quickly let some blood drop, which he harvested just before his scar healed itself. When he looked at the contents, he noticed it wasn't enough.

" Tell me Yugyeom, how could you get so much blood?"

" You have to open a vein, the blood will be much abundant."

" You won't open your veins, will you?!" Youngjae exclaimed.

" Don't worry. ", Jaebum reassured, "It will heal right away."

" But... doesn't it hurt?"

Jaebum shrugged and turn around again. This time he opened one of his veins, which let a lot of blood flow. Finally, the phial is filled, all that with a painful expression from Jaebum who could feel the pain getting him.