Chapter XXIV

{Previously }

Youngjae could feel canines shove into his carotid, hurting him badly.

He bit him.

''Let's hurry up!! '' Jaebum commanded, he was afraid no to be on time.

'' Hyung, I have a really bad feeling. '' Bambam confessed.

Jaebum bit his lips.

''Another reason to hurry. Let's go. ''

After about two minutes, they eventually arrived to the place indicated by Jinyoung but ended at the wrong spot.

Jaebum cursed and mentally contacted Jinyoung.

''Jinyoung, we're not at the right spot. Hurry and get that Hyunwoo. We'll be there as fast as possible. ''

''Understood, we should be there in a few. '' Jinyoung answered.

And indeed, a few seconds later, they were faced with a scene that froze them on the spot at first.

Youngjae was laying on the ground, writhing in pain with more or less muffled screams, curling up on himself while holding his head. And then, standing next to their friend, Hyunwoo was admiring the scene, with an evil grin which some blood drops - belonging to Youngjae - were drying from.

The three newcomers quickly snapped out of it and hurried towards Hyunwoo. Once he was quite immobilized, Yugyeom hurried towards Youngjae who was crying his eyes out through his unbearable pain.

''Y-Youngjae!! '' he exclaimed. '' What's... ''

He cut himself through. He knew what was happening. Youngjae was undergoing transformation. But what could he do about it? The method of absorbing the poison as in Twilight was just an invention. There actually wasn't any known method.

''Yugyeom... My... My head...I-it hurts... ''

And he was keeping on moaning painfully and all that his best friend could do was to cry as well, promising that the pain would go away soon, even though he wasn't sure of anything.

Hyunwoo was giving a hard time to Jinyoung and Jackson : using his own powers to make theirs useless, resulting in Jinyoung not being able to communicate with the others and Jackson left without his strength. Soon he was sending Jinyoung land harshly against a tree and escaped from Jackson who chased after him.

It was at that moment that Jaebum, Mark and Bambam arrived. The first thing the older did was to hurry towards Youngjae who was in agony. As he was putting Youngjae's head on his lap, Jaebum's tears started to flow by themselves. He was trying to soothe the younger by stroking his hair and whispering sweet words in his ears between sobs.

Jaebum was feeling horrible. He couldn't protect Youngjae once again. His human. The only thing he had to take care of was Youngjae and he had failed twice already. And seeing Youngjae into that state was destroying him. But he was also furious. Against himself but mostly against Hyunwoo. When he finds him, he would wreck him to pieces.

The last thing JB wanted was his human becoming a vampire. He didn't want to make him undergo blood thirst. He was enjoying to see Youngjae filling himself with cakes until his stomach would hurt. He was enjoying to see the younger's eyes go wide and smile whenever he would eat something he really liked. It was what he wanted to protect from Youngjae and he disappointedly failed.

Youngjae was still in agony and his eyes kept on switching from the beautiful brown to the red blood color. Jaebum was apologizing again and again, soon the leaves started to lift and surround him and Youngjae in a small hurricane.