Chapter IX

" That's nonsense, hyung!" Bambam shouted. "You're not allowed to come back to the Kingdom and even less to the castle and you know it!"

" So what? " JB also shouted. " Should I just leave Youngjae within the Queen's reach? I don't care if they kill me or not, I won't leave Youngjae there. On top of that, he's injured."

"Wait. ", Yugyeom interrupted. "Youngjae told me something. He said Jinyoung hyung had to do something he asked him."

All gazes were turned towards Jinyoung.

" I... No. I won't do it. The prince is right. Let's go."

" What is he talking about, Jinyoung?", Jackson asked.

" Yeah. ", Mark added, "What did Youngjae ask you to do?"

Jinyoung sighed.

"Truthfully, Youngjae was scared to death. I read it in him. So I asked him to talk it out and he confessed he was scared for his life but more for ours and the prince's life. Then he asked me to erase all traces of him off our memories if something ever happened. This way, the Young Master would neither die nor suffer."

Nobody dared to speak. They were all surprised about Youngjae's request. Jaebum thoughtlessly started to cry. He didn't know anything about this, he had been thinking that Youngjae was courageous or flawlessly unconcerned. But he never doubted that the latter could have already been prepared for the worse and had prefered to favor Jaebum before himself.

" Jinyoung, even if I'm at death's door, never do that. I don't wanna forget Youngjae. Never. I'll save him before this kind of issue could ever happen anyway. Who's with me?"

Each of them raised their hands, even Bambam who didn't agree at first.

" But how will we proceed?", Jackson asked, "If we get caught, we'll be exiled. And Jaebum will die."

" If you don't want to run the risk you can stay here. ", Jeabum just said, "Nobody will hold it against you. Personaly, if I don't go, I'll die anyway, so I'll just try my luck. And I don't mean to die before bringing Youngjae back."

>>>>>>>>>>

As for Youngjae, he had been dragged towards the Kingdom. To get there, they had passed by a forest then through an invisible secret passage between two trees. Despite the context, Youngjae couldn't help but think about the Wall of Track Nine Three Quarter in Harry Potter.

He was then dragged into the castle, towards what it seemed to be the Queen's guards' quarters, namely Monsta X, Infinite and Boyfriend. As soon as they arrived Sungyeol, who was holding Youngjae, put the latter down and he felt as if he were a piece of meat surrounded by carnivorous or as a fairground animal, according to the person. Some were watching him craving for emptying him out of his blood, while others simply seemed to be intrigued by his presence.

He didn't dare to talk or even look up. His ribbings were making him suffer and he doubted they would let him take his medecine freely. By the way, it's a relief he had put one box in his pocket.

Heels sounds could be heard from afar and all gazes were turned towards the door. Youngjae eventually looked up, doing the same. Soon a woman appeared into the frame. Though she seemed quite old, she was very pretty. She was walking charmingly and proudly. Youngjae concluded it was the Queen. The vampires greeted her by bowing.

" So you're the human who Jaebum fell for.", she declared heading towards the brunette.

Youngjae didn't answer and just looked down. The Queen lifted his head up by his chin and stared in his eyes. Suddenly, the latter felt as if something was entering his body. A few seconds later, the sensation desapeared and the Queen started to speak again.