Chapter XVIII

{ Previously }

" Then, I'm going to reveal it to you today."

" Your mother. ", the King began, "Wasn't... a vampire."

" W-what do you mean?" Jaebum stuttered.

" Your mother was... human."

"- "Human"?", the prince repeated.

" Yes. Just as Youngjae."

" What... How?"

" I fell in love with her back at college, like you and Youngjae. My father wasn't really opposed to our relationship and when the time had come for me to become King, she followed me into the Kingdom. Then we got married and she got pregnant. Nothing could go any better. But we had forgotten the fact that she was giving birth to a vampiric baby and her body just couldn't handle it. I was able to survive thanks to one thing : my son. You were all that she left to me and I just couldn't die and leave you alone. Then I thought you needed a mother so I got married with the Queen. But she never considered you as her son and was only conspiring against you. That's why I couldn't be too close to you, fearing that she could do something to you. I couldn't get divorced because of the subjects who would ask too much questions and start to be suspiscious about the royal family. And that's why I decided to pretend to banish you, so she would think we broke off all ties. But I wouldn't think she could go that far one day."

" Excuse me again. ", Youngjae said, "But how does this involve me?"

" I'm coming to the reason why I wasn't aggreeing to your relationship. If I managed to survive, it's only thanks to our love's symbol which is Jaebum. But you won't be able to have any children of your own. And if something ever happens to you then my son will die. But it seems like you do have the required qualities except for your nature. I'm going to suppress the the law and let you do whatever you want. However, I won't accept any wedding or anything else unless Youngjae is being transformed."

Both boys looked at each other, happy as ever, even though they thought about the fact that Youngjae would one day become a vampire if he wanted to stay by Jaebum's side. Youngjae wasn't against the idea but Jaebum was totally against it. Only for the moment they had all the time to think about it.

" I'm taking care of everything here so you can go back home whenever you want. And you can also come back whenever you want."

Both boys got out of the room after thanking the King again and again, then Jaebum hugged Youngjae as soon as the door was shut.

" I told you we'd make it."

" Let's go back home hyung... I miss Coco."

Jaebum snickered then they went to join the others who were talking about what had happened earlier.

" They will have funerals while their families will have compensations." Mark declared as their two friends were arriving.

" You're talking about the ones who got killed by the Queen?" Youngjae asked.

Mark nodded his head.

" I doubt that a compensation would be what the families want but well. ", JB sighed. "I feel quite guilty."

"You don't have to Jaebum. ", Jackson stated, "It's not your fault at all. Everything happened because of that crazy Queen."

The prince smiled weakly.

" What did the King tell you guys?" Jinyoung started to change the subject.

" That he agrees to our relationship for the moment but if we want to get married someday I have to become a vampire and-"