Chapter XXXIII

Jaebum put his hand on the younger's one, who shivered at the contact and he observed Youngjae who had been looking at the sky.

" Do you like it? "

" Of course!! How did you know such a place existed? ", Youngjae asked.

" I came here by chance one day when I had a fight with Jackson the first year we arrived into the human's world. I almost bit a young boy who was passing by the street so even though he is younger than me he scolded me. I was offended so I left the house and ran as fast as I could. Then I came here. Since then, I always come here when something is bothering me or when I argue with others. "

" But I never saw you leave the house... "

Jaebum surrounded Youngjae with his arms and held him tight.

" Because since you came into my life either everything is perfect, or I don't even have time to come here because I'm so worried about you. But most of the time it's because you make my life perfect. "

Youngjae looked down and pouted.

" Liar. Since I came into your life, you only had problems. ", he mumbled.

" That's true, but there are more good memories. I brought you here because I wanted to talk to you about something which I specially didn't want the others to hear. And I wanted to show you that place. "

" What do you have to tell me? ", Youngjae asked.

" It's been a moment I wanted to tell you but I never found the right time. But what you told me earlier encouraged me to realise it, the right time. "

" You're scaring me Jaebum...is it something bad? "

Jaebum couldn't help but softly laugh.

" Not at all. I just wanted to thank you. "

" For what? "

" Everything. You don't realise everything you did for me since we have been knowing each other. You changed me Youngjae. I wasn't like that before you. I was narrow-minded, I often sulked, I was using my powers on my friends, looking down on them. So my life came down to attend classes, drink blood and sleep. I never thought I could change this much. I never expressed my feelings. At least not my love feelings. But with you I just can't help it. You made me a better person Youngjae and I will be thankful forever for that. "

" I... I don't feel like I did a lot though... but you know, you changed me too. I had no friends, no self-confidence, no self-esteem either. I was always alone, far from problems. But since I know you, I gained courage, I have friends, even a boyfriend. And since I'm a vampire I have more self-confidence."

" Then let's say we're even, okay? ", Jaebum suggested.

Youngjae smiled and nodded.

" But why weren't you confident in yourself? "

" I don't have anything special, so it depressed me. "

Jaebum sighed.

" Everything in you is special Youngjae, I don't understand how you don't see it. "

Youngjae smiled shyly, surrounded JB's neck with his arms and kissed him tenderly.

" That's why I love you, Jaebum. "

" I love myself too. Very much. "

Youngjae let go of Jaebum and got up.

" Then stay with yourself and have fun. "

Jaebum stood up and grabbed the younger's after joining him.

" I was joking Youngjae. "

" You better be!! "