Chapter XXVII

Early evening, Jaebum, Yugyeom and Youngjae went out of the house. Youngjae was holding both his friends' hands, like a child who would just begin to walk holding his parents' hands. Youngjae had to test himself to know to which extent he was weak towards human blood. They first took a walk into the neighborhood while talking, only meeting two or three persons, whom Youngjae didn't even pay attention to, pleasantly surprsing his friends.

" Let's go somewhere else, to a place where there's more people. ", Yugyeom suggested.

" Y-you sure? Isn't it too risky? ", Youngjae asked.

Jaebum took the ex-human's hand.

" We don't have a choice, Jae. There are still a few days left before the school year ends, we have to be there for the last day at least. "

Youngjae nodded his head.

" L-let's go. "

They had been walking for a few minutes before eventually arriving to a street where there were more people. Youngjae was coping well, even though a soft crave of biting had still been lingering. However, he grabbed Jaebum's arm when they entered a coffee shop crowded with people. The different scents were mixing together, wether it was blood scents or sweets or coffees.

" Let's have a coffee then we'll haed back home.
", JB suggested.

" Go and sit, I will order. ", Yugyeom added.

" It will be an americano for me. ", JB said.

" And a latte for me. ", Youngaje added.

Both Jae's went to sit at a table for two, as there wasn't any other left.

" 'You okay? ", Jaebum asked.

" It's a little oppressing but but it's okay. I feel like my crave is blocked because of the fact that I once was human too. It would have been a bit of canibalism. "

" That's a relief. I'm impressed Jae, really. I had still been struggling with your blood but you're already mastering."

" Now, I also want to master my power. I want to master the wind. "

" You will need to work with Jinyoung hyung for that. ", Yugyeom stated while joining them, after adding a chair.

" I think I will practice alone. You have alread done too much for me. "

Yugyeom and Jaebum sighed.

" We are all in the same boat. And we are a family. So it's casual to help each other out. ", Yugyeom explained.

" And you saved us earlier, we owe you that. ", JB added.

" You surprised me by the way Youngjae. I wouldn't think you could ever be more bad-tempered and impetuous than Jaebum hyung. "

" I think he rubbed off on me. ", Youngjae declared before letting out a small laugh.

They resumed walking. Everything had been going smoothly, when on their way back home, they met a human with a strong and attractive blood. Youngjae instantly turned his head towards him and, not hearing his friends anymore, procceeded in heading towards the latter. In a split second, he ended up into Jaebum's arms and the three vampires headed back home at a rate of knots. Youngaje got only back to his senses when his feet touched the ground again. He had a disappointed expression on his face, which Yugyeom and Jaebum noticed who both placed a hand on Youngjae's shoulder at the same time.

" That's a casual reaction. ", Jaebum reassured.

" His blood was pretty sweet. I'm sure even Jaebum hyung was about to lose control as well. "