Chapter XXXVII

Four hours had passed. Jaebum had been making sure to cuddle with the still-unconcious Youngjae for all that time. He had been looking after him and had noticed with relief after about an hour that the younger's fever had started to lower. Then he had started to spread kisses on Youngjae's face for about half an hour before eventually falling asleep, still holding his vampire in his arms tightly.

Youngjae coughed, startling Jaebum who woke up. Youngjae's sleep had been disturbed and he slowly opened his eyes, Jaebum had his eyes fully opened.

" Youngjae, are you awake? "

" Jaebum? ", he whispered very weakly.

The older's eyes filled with tears and he grabbed Youngjae's face in his hands.

" Yes, it's me. I'm back. How are you feeling, Youngjae? "

Youngjae hardly managed to lift his hand to reach Jaebum's hand. The latter grabbed the younger's hand and brought it to his own face.

" I'm fine. What about the others? "

"  I-i will inform them in a few minutes. "

" Is your training over? "

" I came back because Jinyoung informed me about your state. Youngjae, you...thought you were going to die? "

Youngjae avoided Jaebum's eyes.

" Youngjae, answer me. "

The concerned just nodded his head, still avoiding his stare. The tears that had been threatening to fall eventually rolled down and Jaebum gently hugged Youngjae.

" I'm so sorry Youngjae...I almost killed you. I made you feel such a horrible feeling...I don't have words to apologize, I don't even have any excuses. "

Youngjae weakly brought his hand to Jaebum's hair and stroked it.

" It's okay.... You are here now."

Youngjae had not changed at all, still understanding and not blaming Jaebum even a bit. He was only exhausted, out of energy. Jaebum sighed.

" I don't really know why you are with me... You make me so happy but from my side... "

Youngjae was about to answer back but Jaebum did not pay attention and just kept on going.

" I'm going to tell the others that you are awake. I'm not going too far and I will be back soon, okay? "

Youngjae gave up on debating with Jaebum because he did not have the strength and just nodded his head. Jaebum got out of the room and Youngjae sighed. Everyone was upset because of him and Jaebum had to disobey to the King's rules. He was in a right mess. But he was relieved and pacified that Jaebum was back, it was the most important to him.

His bedroom's door crashed open and Youngjae felt a sudden weight fall on him. He quickly noticed it was Yugyeom who was crying his eyes out.

" I really thought you were going to leave me... "

Youngjae weakly lifted his hand to the other's hair to stroke it gently. Soon, he had to do the same with Bambam's hair who had also started to cry on his torso.

" Sorry guys. ", Youngjae blurted out.

" What do you mean "sorry" ? You don't have to be sorry Youngjae, nothing is your fault!! Sorry Jaebum hyung but everything is the King's fault. ", Jackson declared.

" It's okay, I think the same too. As soon as Youngjae feels a bit better, I will talk to him. ", Jaebum agreed.

" W-what do you mean? ", Youngjae muttered, surprised.