Chapter Four

After waiting for about five minutes I soon see a slight burly man walk out from the back. This man looked like someone you would not want to mess with. He looked like he chopped wood with his bare hands. He had muscles on muscles as well as height. He had to of  been around 6 foot 9 I swear I would be in tears right now if I didn't know that he must be the owner of this place. Hector was a beautiful man though, beard and goatee along with a nice mustache, but you could tell he was in his early to twenties. The midnight black hair styled messily but in a way that makes him look slightly distinguished. The air of power emitted from him by any means did not deter from the looks he received from men and women alike. The man Hector walked with confidence and strength that I admired.  I smiled kindly at the man as he approached me with a solemn look on his face. My smile slowly fell with the blank look that Hector gave me. 

"I hear that you're looking for a job" Hector spoke with a husk to his voice almost like you would hear from a man when they just awoke the gravel in it just about shook you as it excited you. I nodded almost meekly with the way he was talking and looking at me. He grunted slightly as well as pulled out a form for me to fill out. I looked at him and kindly spoke in a slight whisper informing him that I was working at Moonglow Lodge as well during the mornings around 9am to approximately Noon. He nodded his head as he spoke to me. " I would only use you from about 1pm to 6pm. " He spoke as I handed him the form. I smiled and thanked him. "I will call you when you start as well as give you a schedule." I smiled shyly as well as thanked him again as he walked away when my food arrived. 

************

After having lunch I had a slight skip to my step as I thought of where else  to apply it was now 7pm I had been looking around town for the past 5 hours and I was getting to be a little exhausted and jet lagged since I had yet to rest other than the few times I dozed off here and there on the flights. I soon came across Uncertain Tavern, Maybe I could apply here for a night shift that way I can have a chance to dig myself out of this mess and start a new life for myself. I walked in and went to the bar and asked to apply. Standing behind the bar was a spunky lad who looked around my age of 22. I smiled kindly at him as he handed me an application, I filled it out and handed it back with a smile. He winked at me as he began to turn and flirt with his customers. I smiled as I walked out knowing I would have to wait to hear from them on the job if I go it or not. I soon called a cab to take me back to the lodge to rest for the next day in order to prepare for my job there in the morning. Looking forward to finally relaxing. 

Arriving back at the lodge with all my bags as well as my exhaustion trailing along behind me I opened the door and dropped everything at the closet door. Looking through the bag I grabbed clean undergarments and a long t-shirt to sleep in I went to the shower with the body wash and shampoo and conditioner I bought as well. Walking in the bathroom I slowly strip away all my clothes to see my naked pregnant scarred body. The long gash running between my breasts down to my apex makes me shiver as I see the baby bump pushing the scar out, tears form as I see the scars running along my arms and legs, and the one thing I hate most on my body the x that is carved on left hip as well as the lines carved into my breasts. I shake the nightmares away as I begin to climb into the hot shower letting the heat and cascading water drown away my worries and sorrow. I smile a happy and content smile knowing I have gained a chance. 

Climbing out and getting into my fresh clothes I feel relaxed and I begin my journey to a nice sleep for the first time in a while. At least I hope for no nightmares to come. I climb into bed and begin to sing a lullaby to my little baby bump, I sing a song of hope for the future for me and my bump as I set the alarm for 7am to get ready for the following work day with a content sigh I succumb to the darkness with a hopefulness I haven't felt in so long it seems to be nothing but a daydream but it's a reality at this point. 

*****************

The beeping of the alarm slowly awakens me from my peaceful slumber as I realize I slept like a rock for the first time in ages. I slowly get out of bed and begin to look around and realize I forgot to shop for food. Feeling the slight grumble of my stomach I decide  to head to town after my shift to shop for food for the cabin, but for now I will just brush my teeth and drink some water and check the main lodge for any snack machines or a cafeteria I could purchase a breakfast. I look through the bags pulling out some black leggings with a maternity peasant top that hugs just under my bust and flows out shielding my bump slightly since I bought  it a size bigger to conceal the bump a little more, but also not at the same time since i don't have to hide it as much anymore. 

 Once I was dressed and ready I glanced at the clock and noticed it was 7:45. I decided to head to the main lodge and check for snacks or a cafeteria. Once at the MoonGlow lodge I notice Agnes and an older Gentleman who I'm guessing is her husband Greg, they looked like such a lovely couple, my heart melted at the sight of the two working side by side and stealing glances at one another like love struck teens every once in awhile. I hated to break up their moment but the baby had other plans and my stomach growled alerting them to my presence. I blushed slightly as the two glanced up at me and Agnes giggled a little as she smiled at me and Greg laughed a full belly laugh making me blush harder. "Agnes had the same problem when pregnant for Tony, He was a hungry little fellow all the time." Greg smiled with a sparkle in his eye as well as a slight laugh at the end. My eyes just about bulged out of their socket as I looked at them both wondering how they found out since I never mentioned it as well as thinking my clothes were baggy enough to hide the bump even though today it wasn't hidden so well, they seem to already know before today like they figured it out yesterday. Agnes catching onto my shock smiles kindly at me as she looks me up and down. 

"Oh dear, I notice everything, I saw the glow along with all the stress weighing you down when you arrived yesterday. Not only that but you always seem to touch your belly every few minutes to reassure yourself it's still there and safe." She smiled kindly at me as I sigh slightly. 

"I just have had a rough couple years and I just didn't want the pregnancy to stop me from getting a job, I wasn't trying to deceive you I promise I can still do the job and i will be able to work even after and up until the baby is born. I really need this job please." I slightly panic a little and get emotional thinking they might change their mind about the job. 

"Oh sugar, never think that we would do such a thing, I gave you that job for a reason and I don't intend to take it from you and on top of that lil miss you will be off before that baby is born if deemed necessary by the doctor which I have already made an appointment with the town's OB. I'm not trying to overstep deary it just looks as though you could use some help and me and Greg hear are looking forward to helping you and the little one. And as for working after the baby, nonsense you will take that time off with that baby and enjoy it while you can because once that time is up you will have a job here when you're ready. " Agnes scolded me slightly which brought tears to my eyes as well as a sniffle as I haven't  had a mother figure in my life in so long it felt so nice to feel that scolding as well as comfort from her setting everything up without question. I slowly walked over to agnes and grabbed her as tightly in my arms as I could. She patted my back as she rocked us slightly back and forth comforting me. She pulled back slightly as I looked up at her. 

"Let's go feed you and that little shall we, then we will get you settled into work." I smiled up at her brightly as I felt such relief as well as gratitude for her and Greg. "Thank you so much Agnes." I whisper as we walk to what looks like a cafeteria. "No need to thank me hun, you are a blessing to me and Greg, we needed this extra hand" She smiled at me as she told me to then eat and meet her down the hall and to the left for the laundry and linen room.