Chapter Twenty Eight

The men have been pacing the room since we arrived at the pack house and entered Xavier's room. 

"We have to let Jay know what we've found out. I think there is some sort of prophecy about her somewhere." Tony rants to Xavier as they continue pacing and trying to solve some problem that I am involved with. 

"What is going on exactly? I just about caused a sh*t storm out there with my emotions I'm assuming. What is a tempesta?" My anger shot out to them quick, a boom sounding in the air from outside. Both men glance towards me with worry. 

"Rose, a Tempesta is a goddess who has the ability to control the weather." 

"How is that? I've never had this happen before, not even when I was with Andrew."

"When you were with him did you ever have any anger or hate or strong emotions?"

"No.... Not really I guess...."

"That is where you have the strongest chance of affecting the weather. It does help even more though that you are around 5 months pregnant, emotions running high from pregnancy."

"So why are you all freaking out?"

"We were under the impression that Andrew killed off the last of the tempestas years ago. From what Tony mentioned, Andrew killed them off and hid you. Maybe the prophecy mentions something about this."

"Prophecy?"

"Tony?"

"Well it is said that when Andrew being the Shadow and Shifter leader that if and when he mates with a Goddess of the weather he can rain darkness on the world literally. His child would be able to control both the weather as well as the Shifters and Shadows. They could control all of the darkness as well bring it upon us with the weather." 

"My children are to bring darkness!?"

"No, they won't as long as you are to raise them."

"How is this happening to me? I am not a Goddess. I am normal. I'm human."

"No Rose you are a Goddess." 

"I need sleep." I couldn't deal with this anymore. 

"Rest for now, we will go down and see what we can do about Hector."

Climbing into the bed I decide I can't deal with everything anymore. There is so much going on. All these things coming to light about me and my children start wearing down on me. 

"Hey love, I'll be back I'm going to go see Hector as well as call up some elders to discuss some options. Relax I'll have guards posted outside the door." A kiss is laid on my head as he soon departs out the room leaving Tony behind. 

"I'm going to stay posted in here if that is alright with you Rose. Too much a has happened and I don't want to leave you alone."

"That's fine. I feel safe with you here." I yawn as I begin to bury my head further into the pillows smelling Xavier's scent, the smell of woods and mint with a hint of coffee. Soon sleep takes me as I finally let exhaustion take me. 

******************

"Little one. You need to be strong."

"But Nana, they are going to take me."

"Shhhhh. You are the strongest one born in the last 100 years my dear."

"What do you mean Nan? I'm little, they will take control of me."

"The Shadows will try their best to take over my dear, but you know what will destroy the Shadows? The light, when you control the light you control the Shadows."

"How can I control the light Nan?"

"When the time comes you will know love."

"Nan are they going to take me away from you?"

"Little one they are going to take you, but I will always be with you."

"I don't want you to go Nan. They will hurt me."

"Stay strong my love."

My Nan was gone, the scene changed everything around me fell away. I was then surrounded by darkness. Screams sounded in the darkness. Covering my ears I cried, screamed, as well as tried to find a way out. Finding no way out, I started to feel trapped, my head pounding. 

Light soon shot out through my hands as the fear engulfed me. Light streams shot through the darkness giving me hope. Soon I began to feed on the anger as well as the fear, the light begins growing forming a glow around my hands. 

Nan always said I would know what to do when the time was right. I never knew what Nan had meant, she never told me about what I was. 

In the darkness I could see Hector being surrounded by darkness. His soul was being tormented. Taking my new found understanding I focused on Hector and imagined the light to surrounding him. While watching the light surround him he turned to me, the thankfulness in his eyes shined through. Once he was engulfed in the light he began walking over to me with determination.

"How little Rose?"

"I'm still unsure, but something my Nan said made me try. Are you safe now?"

"They  seem to be keeping away. Are they going after anyone else?"

Shining the light around they seem to be gone. No more Shadows hiding. Sighing in slight relief I looked back to Hector. 

"How long were they controlling you?"

"Not long after you arrived they began. I never meant any of the things they had me saying to you. I was gone, they wouldn't let me go. They have had their teeth in me for so long I thought I would never be free."

"I'm so sorry Hector. This is all my fault."

Hector grabbed me close holding me in his warmth. "Never apologize. Xavier and I chose to mate you, with or without all of this. WE want to be with you no matter what Andrew tries.."

Tears stream down my face as I finally break down in Hector's  arms while he holds me tight. 

"Xavier is trying to wake me. I can hear his voice. The Shadow's are gone, we will be with you soon love." Hector departs from me with a lingering kiss to my temple. The world that surrounds me once again fades away as I soon find sleep, real sleep taking me. Dreams of the life I want to live with the two men I am growing to love standing by my side with the two children growing inside me. Happiness blooms in my chest at the hope of living a life without Andrew following or holding me back.