Chapter Nineteen

After I had thought it through I decided to head on over to Stanley Louisiana. I heard their population was around 106. Another small town to try and hide away in. The drive was around an hour and a half, costing me around $183 thank goodness Agnes had given me my money back from the hotel. 

So after looking through all my money left over from what Agnes gave me and my spending and the taxi ride I see I'm left with 1,700 to pay for a motel until I can find a job and place to stay. Arriving at the Executive suites I pay the cabbie and went in to get a room. Paying the $483 to stay for the week I go to my room to relax and settle for the night.

Looking back through my money I see I'm left with 1,234. I grab a phone book in the bedside table and search through nearby places in order to find a job. The closest thing I can find is  the local high school and a pub over in mansfield. Deciding maybe to see if they have any openings over there at the high school I would call tomorrow for my options. 

After I finally am showered and settled in I decide to lay down and watch some tv in order to calm down. Glancing at the time I notice it's now 3am I have to get some sleep soon. I look through the channels trying to find something to settle my crazy mind and come across reruns on AMC for The Walking Dead. I lay there watching as Rick leads the group to the cdc hoping to find answers as well as the cure for all of the mess. Soon my eyes begin drifting close and I begin to dream a wonderful dream with me and Daryl Dixon having a life and being happy together. 

*****************

Arriving at the school the next day I had called them about any openings letting them know that I was in desperate need of a job at this point. Once we started talking they informed me that they were in need of a home economics instructor. I would get to cook as well as teach all the things I learned at Andrew Knights. 

Once I had arrived at the school we went over some stuff and I tried to be as honest as I could. The interview seemed ok. She said she would have to call me back tomorrow in order to tell me if I have the position but to stay positive since they really don't have anyone who was interested in the position at this time but me. 

Deciding to head back to the motel to wait for the call as well as to just try and relax. Nothing seemed right. They were so adamant at helping me and then they turned on me faster then Andrew did. I was at a loss for words, was there something wrong with me? 

Reaching the room I walk in and once I enter I just about scream at who is sitting on the bed. Fear engulfs me as I try to calm my heart hoping he won't see the fear, but alas I am not so lucky. A smirk settles on his lips staring at me as if he knew he could get this reaction and it satisfied him. "Darling did you think me oblivious?" Andrew Knight sat on the bed with a smug look as well as his favorite gun. I felt the blood drain from my face. How could this be happening to me right now. Sh*t he's going to notice I'm pregnant. I feel myself cower as I try to think of some way to escape this mess. 

"You see my dearest Phoebe, you don't know what you hold. You are carrying the next heir to my throne." The look of confusion makes him laugh. "Little Phoebe, did they tell you nothing?" The shocked look that crosses his face makes me question who I could trust. They knew more about Andrew then they let on apparently. 

"Who? Tell me what?" 

"Those Kings of yours. They didn't bother to inform you of who exactly your baby daddy was did they?"