Chapter 7

Percy POV
I'm so happy. I haven't felt this good in years. There was a girl in my castle who had no idea about my transformation. How could the fates let me be this lucky. There was only one problem. She said she was going to leave. I really want to talk to her but it would be rude and a little trying to ask her to my study.

As if on cue Piper walked in.
" I apologize for the intrusion, but the visitor would like to speak with you. She says she has a proposition. " Piper explained.

" Yes of course. Bring her here. " I said. I was doing cartwheels of joy in my head.

Piper left to bring her to me. I waited patiently, tried to make it look like I had work to do. Though I was really trying to make myself look professional. I was curious to see what her proposition was.  After a few minutes Piper returned with Annabeth. Once she came in I sent Piper away to we could talk on private.

" Hello, I apologize for the intrusion at this late hour but, I have a proposition for you. " She said confidently though still not meeting my gaze. I wondered why she did that. But that was besides the point.

" Yes I heard, what might this be?" I said still trying my hardest to look professional. It was really hard. I don't know what it is, but I can't stay focused on one thing for very long. Plus with her being in the room it was extra hard to stay focused on anything but her. Not in a creepy way, but I just couldn't help it.

" I was hoping I could work here in the castle. There isn't anything left for me in my village. I would greatly appreciate it if I could stay here and work for my room and food. " She said finally meeting my eyes. I now understood why she didn't before. Now that I was looking into her eyes I couldn't look away.

I couldn't, nor did I want to. The warm feeling in my cheeks snapped me back to reality.

" Of course. Not that we are looking for staff, but I am happy to help if you have nowhere else to go. " I felt a little bad that her life stunk that bad that she'd rather work for a complete stranger, than go home.

But it was amazing news that she could stay. I quickly shook her hand.
" You will start tomorrow night. Most of the staff get the day shift off. Yu will be my personal handmaid." I explained. " you will bring my meals to my room and leave them outside the door then leave. I would appreciate being left alone during the day. Aside from that you are free to explore the castle during the day. I suggest resting because the castle is most alive at night. " I explained, trying to come up with excuse after excuse.

"Thank you very much. " she said then turned and left the study. 

I did feel guilty about all the lies. But if she knew I'd probably never see her again

I'm back!!! Again guys I really, really, really want to know if you have any feedback on my story. I'd love to hear what I can do to make this story better for you. I'm trying to update as soon as possible. Thank you soooooo much for reading my terrible story.

Stay amazhang (yes the puns are real)
- Buddy_2002 💙💙💙