Chapter 10

A few days after Annabeth started working.

Percy's pov

I am truly an idiot.
There is possibly the most beautiful girl in the world in my castle and I can't even find the courage to talk with her.

I've already been given the speech by nearly everyone else in the castle. All saying that this girl is our last chance. I can't screw this up. I can't do that to my friends.

She brings me meals every day. She's not that bad of a cook. I simply wish I wasn't so scared to speak with her. Of course it's midday right now so we can't exactly have a face to face conversation. Unless I want her running for the hills.

I wish I hadn't been such a fool all those years ago. Then I wouldn't be in this situation. Though to be fair I think I got off easy. I deserve much worse. So if the time runs out I'm prepared for my fate. Though I haven't given up. I'm simply accepted the fact that I might be this way forever. I just wish I hadn't dragged my friends down with me.

Everyone on staff says she's very curious. When she's not sleeping or cooking she's roaming the castle. They tell me stories of when she's walked past and picked one of them up. Like, only yesterday Hazel told me that she was in jewel form on a table and Annabeth simply walked over and picked her up. We all got a good laugh.

I'm going to try tonight to have an actual conversation. I just want to get to know her. I have an idea of where we could talk in private. Though I haven't been there since my mothers death.

Hi guys. Wow, I updated twice in one week. New record. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this. And I hope you've enjoyed this book so far. I know the past two chapters haven't been the greatest. I'm working on it. Anyway I really do want your opinions. I want this book to be amazing for you. Not just my trash.

- Buddy_2002 💙💙💙