Chapter 21

Annabeth's pov

" That was no dream "

Those words still ring in my ears as I look him dead in the eyes trying to look for an answer in them. I found no answer. But I saw tears welling up in his eyes.

Why was he crying. Was my only thought as a single tear escaped his eyes. I reached out and wiped it away with my thumb. He seemed shocked at this simple gesture.

" Now I know I'm dreaming " he stated. He looked around and took my hand in his, in order to keep it against his cheek. " But you feel so real "

" Because I am real Seaweed Brain. "

" If you're real why haven't you yelled at me, or punched me, or walked out and never come back. " He said so scared that his voice was shaking.

" Would you rather I do that. Because I believe I'm in the right to do so ". I replied with my hands on my hips defiantly. " For the record, the only reason I haven't walked out is because I need some form of an explanation. In order to gauge how pissed I have to be at you. "

" Yes, I do owe you that at least. " He said, running his hand through his already messy hair.

" I'm well aware. " I said getting slightly impatient.

He told his tale and I became both fuming and sympathetic. Obviously angry as to the reason he was cursed, though sympathetic because my friends would disappear if he didn't break the curse. He said the story was finished just as he was going to tell me what he had to do to break the curse.

" How do you fix it. " I questioned, slightly desperate to know. I didn't want to lose my friends. " What do you have to do to break the curse. "

" If I tell you I know you'll leave me. " He said looking into his lap.

" You'll get the same result if you keep things from me. " I had my hands on my hips. " No more secrets. "

" Ok then.... Ummmm. " He looked so nervous it was a little bit funny. "TheOnlyWayToBreakTheCurseIsForMeToFindSomeoneILoveAndForThemToLoveMeBack. " He said it all in a single breath. Then covered his face with his hands.

" A little slower Seaweed Brain. " My voice was a little shaky, I'd understood him surprisingly. But I needed to make sure I'd heard him correctly.

" The only way to break the curse is for me to find someone I love and for them to love me in return. " His face was still covered with his hands. I gently peeled them away so I could look him in the eyes.

I'd started to tear up myself. A million thoughts racing through my brain. What if he only said he loved me because of the curse? What if all that time he'd spent with me was just to get close to me in order for me to love him? —Wait, did I love him?

I stood up and stepped away from him. Slowly making sure I still remembered how to breath. Why was this hitting me so hard. I hadn't even said that I loved him. But the thought of my feelings for him only being there because of him trying to break the curse.  Though I can give him credit for being so desperate to break it, I would do anything for my friends. And from the looks of things, so would he.

Before I could fully admit to myself that I might actually love him, I need him to prove that this wasn't all a trick. I turned around to find him already standing and looking at me. With a longing look in his eyes, they almost looked ready to cry. Like he thinks he can read my mind. I wonder if he thinks I'm going to leave? Though that might be the outcome depending on the answer he gives me.

" Okay, Percy. If I am ever going to figure out how I feel about you, I need you to do something for me. " I started, barely being able to look him in the eyes.

" Name it. " He responded so quickly even though I hadn't even told him what it was yet.

" Alright then. I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me that the reason you love me isn't because of the curse. I need to know that you love me truly. And that if we met in different circumstances you would still love me as I am. "

With each passing moment I grew more terrified. He looked so surprised by the question, almost as if he'd never considered the possibility.

" Annabeth I—"

A knock at the door....

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
Hey guys, I know it's been a long time. And I understand if you hate me. I've just been unsure of how I wanted this to go. But now it seems I've figured it out. Somewhat. Please just bare with me and my writers block.

Stay amazhang
- Buddy_2002💙💙💙