Chapter Five: The Adjustment

Lin's POV:

It's been two weeks since Vanessa died and Pippa and I slept together. Last week was Vanessa's funeral, the whole cast came which was nice. I felt guilty during the whole service for sleeping with Pippa. She still hasn't found a new apartment so right now she is staying at Jasmine's. She still comes over everyday to help me with Sebastian.

A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts. I open the door and see a smiley Pippa.

"Hey I got some good news and bad news which do you want to hear first?" She asks as she makes she self at home.

"Well hello, good morning to you too." I call to her following her to Seb's room where she wakes him up.

"Good morning Sebby, and Linny." She says jokingly. "You ready for breakfast?" A sleepy Sebastian nods his head yes and Pippa takes him out of the crib. "Do you want eggs and toast, pancakes or oatmeal and fruit?"

"I can have pancakes?" Sebastian asks excited.
"You can today!" Pippa replies almost as excited. "Lin you never picked, good or bad first?"

"Um bad I guess." The bad news can't be that bad if she is in this good of a mood.

"Well the bad news is that you'll need to find a new babysitter for the afternoons." She whips up the pancake batter and starts the cooking pancakes. She notices me watching her closely. "Do you want some too?"

"Sure, but what's the good news?"

"I'm going back tomorrow."

"Going back where? You're leaving?"She laughs at this.

"No silly I'm going back to the theater. I start as Eliza again tomorrow night. Isn't daddy being silly Sebby?" Pippa asks as she serves Sebastian three mini pancakes. He just laughs and eats his pancakes.

"Oh thats great. Maybe Sebastian and I can come watch the show tomorrow. I've never just sat and watched the show before."

Pippa stops cooking and looks at me funny. "What do you mean you've never sat and watched the show before?"

"I've never watched the show I just act in it."

"You created it and you're telling me you never watched it?"

"No I haven't. Thanks for the pancakes." I say trying to change the subject. But it doesn't work.

"Don't worry I'll make your first time special." She replies jokingly with a wink.

"Too late for that I have a kid." I say looking Sebby eating his breakfast at the table. "And there was that thing last week we did." The second the last part comes out of my mouth I regret it. We haven't talked about it or addressed it. The only thing was that Pippa stopped staying here.

Her smile fades and she stops talking with me, she only replies to Sebastian. After she finishes making my pancakes she plops then on a plate and serves them to me forcefully. "Here's your breakfast."

"Pip- I'm sorry I shouldn't hav-" Before I can finish Pippa locks her self in the bathroom.

"Daddy, what's wrong with Pippa?" Sebastian asks me as he finishes his last bit of pancakes. "Daddy just upset her. Did you like the pancakes she made for you?"