Chapter Twenty-Four: The Hospital Again

I just realized I don't know how to count and got off on the numbering of the chapters some how....

Pippa's POV:

Renee has been gone for hours looking for Lin. I feel like she gave up and just went home. It's starting to get late and I'm getting worried. Why isn't he home or answering anyone's calls.

"Oh god why isn't he here!" Jazzy belts mocking me and my great comet days.

"I'm being serious Jazzy! Now Renee isn't answering either and I'm getting nervous."

Jazzy takes my phone and dials Lin's number. "He already has a billion missed calls, one more won't hurt." she had me back the phone after putting it on speaker. Someone pickles up on the third ring. It's a girl.

"Hello?"

"Um hi. Who is this? I'm Lin's girlfriend and I have been trying to get a hold of him all day."

"I'm a nurse currently treating your boyfriend. You might want to come see him soon we are unsure if he will make it."

"what do you mean you're unsure if he is going to make it? I just lost my daughter I can't loose him too."

"Ahh that make sense. It would be better if you came in to the hospital these situations are best said in person."

"Is he going to be okay?"

"I think you should get here soon."

I hang up before she can keep talking. The tears that had stopped begin flowing down my face again. This all feels too familiar. My breathing becomes rapid and my skin feels uncomfortable. This feels like a nightmare I have already lived through.

"Pippa I'm so sorry. I I don't know what to say." Jazzy tries to calm me down but it doesn't help anything. My chest becomes tight and I feel like a can't breath. The man I love has been torn away from me in a single phone call. A phone call.

That's how I was informed that Steven had past. Blurry memories flood into my head. Not just of the night Steven died but everything. All the times I hurt Lin Daveed and and everyone else around me. A tiny wave of happiness falls over me as I realize what Lin being Lynnette's father means.

The wave of joy vanishes just as quickly as it appeared. All of that is gone. Everything I love is vanishing out of my life. Jasmine says something to me but I can't hear. I can only hear lost memories playing in my head.

Jazzy helps me off the couch and pulls me to her car. She says something but again I can't understand. She buckles me into the front seat of the car and starts driving.

During the drive my mind replays happy memories I had with Lin. Ones that I forgot about. After what feels like forever we get to the hospital. Jasmine lets me go in while she parks.

I run to the front desk and tell them I need to see Lin. The tears have stopped but I still look like a mess. "Yes you must be Phillipa, I've heard a lot about you. Lin is in room 246 that is on the second floor."

Jasmine catches up to me as I walk away from the desk. She doesn't say anything but follows me to Lin's room. Waiting outside is Renee.

"Why weren't you answering your phone?" She doesn't answer me. "I called Lin's phone a nurse answered. If you are here and know what was going one why didn't you call me to let me know?"

Tears start filling Renee's eyes, I didn't wasn't trying to be mean I guess I've just been caught up in my emotions lately. "I'm sorry Renee. I'm not mad at you I just wish you called me."

"I'm sorry Pippa I couldn't stop him."

"Stop who?"

She doesn't reply but breaks down crying. When I try to pull her into a hug she pushes me away and leaves me and Jasmine alone in the hallway. I start to walk into the room when a nurse comes out.

"Hello miss, are Lin's girlfriend?" I try to track but words won't come out, I just nod my head in response. "I'm the nurse who you spoke with on my the phone. I'm sorry I didn't catch you name early, what was it?"

"Pippa." I respond barely above a whisper. Everyone who knows Lin's condition seems so down, I don't know what to expect. All I know is that he might die soon.

"Pippa, Lin is in critical condition right now. He slashed his wrist while visiting his late wife's memorial. Your friend Renee was there was there and called an ambulance right away, if it weren't for her he would already be dead."

"Can I see him?" She nods leading me inside.

When I walk in all I see is a bunch of tubes connected to Lin. He is unconscious and extremely pale. The nurse must have noticed my conncer and explains why he has no color.

"He lost a lot of blood before the paramedics found him, that's why he is so pale. If his treatment goes smooth he should regain his color soon."

"Is he going to wake up soon?" By not replying she answers my question.

Can this day get any worse?

A/N
Sorry this chapter is so short and I haven't updated in a while. Hope this will hold you over until I have the chance to update again.

Also I can't believe this got to 2k reads thank you!

I've also been getting really into in the heights and think that the relationship that Mandy Gonzalez and Christopher Jackson have is so cute. If you would be interested in a fan fic of them make a comment.

See you in the next chapter!
~K