Tidal Wave of Emotion

Jax said politely sticking his hand out "Jax Winchester, sir."

I almost burst out laughing. Sir? In what universe was my brother a sir? I kept my face neutral and watched them shake. Charlie squeezes his hand as hard as he could but Jax kept his face neutral. I had to applaud Jax's poker face. He always had a good one.

Charlie asked, forever the protective brother, "So John, how did you and my sweet little Molly meet?"

Oh shut up Charlie as if you don't remember Jax's name. If this is just being a protective brother I really feel bad for his daughter if he has any. That girl was gonna go through hell when she started to become interested in boys.

I smiled at Jax innocently "You guys have a nice conversation. I wanna go say hi to Delilah."

He's gonna have the most uncomfortable conversation of his life.

Delilah was talking to my mom and I said "Hey Delilah."

She smiled brightly at me and gave me a big hug. Delilah Lopez was all about hugs. She said "Molly! Oh my gosh I swear you get prettier every single time I see you."

I chuckled "Thanks."

But Delilah was so pretty though. She was Spanish and had this amazing tan skin and long dark hair. She had her hair in one long braid down her back and she was wearing this cute turquoise cover up. She had her designer sunglasses propped up on her head. How did it not get stuck in her hair? That's always happened with me at least, and it was so awkward trying to take them out without anyone noticing your the idiot who got sunglasses stuck in her hair.

Delilah was also perfect for Charlie. Charlie was overly logical and she was more free spirited so she let him have more fun and he kept her grounded. How come Charlie has looks, (ish? At least for me.) smarts, and a soulmate? I swear some people just get everything.

Delilah asked "So how's school? Did you figure out what you want to do yet?"

I nodded "School has been fine, I'm having fun and studying hard, and no not yet. I'm honestly not sure. Teaching sounds interesting, I love history."

Delilah nodded "Teaching is a noble career, teachers don't get a lot of credit but they shape today's children into tomorrow's adults."

I chuckled asking teasingly "Did you read that on a poster somewhere?"

She laughed "Yes actually how did you know?"

I winked at her "I'm a mind reader Delilah."

She laughed "Of course you are."

Charlie came back over to us wrapping his arms around Delilah's waist from behind and she jumped exclaiming her surprise in Spanish.

I giggled and said "I'll leave you two alone."

I looked around for Jax and he was interacting with Conner and Jake.

//Jax//

Two identical boys came up to me and the one wearing the green shirt said "I'm Conner." and the blue shirt one said "And I'm Jake. The more handsome twin."

Conner punched Jake in the shoulder "No way!"

I laughed and said "Nice guys. I'm Jax."

Conner asked "Are you Molly's boyfriend?"

I shook my head rapidly "Oh no. No. We're just friends."

Jake replied bluntly "I don't know about that."

I changed the subject holding the container of brownies "You guys want a brownie?"

Conner and Jake said at the same time "Yes!"