Chapter 12

Rico

I was deep in thought as me and Kaydon drove up state to New York. He was on his way to bring Gabby back to PA. I really ain't wanna go but when he said Bella was with Gabby I knew I had to take that trip.

I had talked to Bella four times since my confession at the store. I swear it seemed like she was avoiding me and I don't know why. I knew she was having problems at home and had started staying with Damien but I wasn't worried about him. They were just friends.

Bella kept saying that she needed time to think, I just hope these last few weeks have been enough for her because she got a nigga feening for her and shit.

"Nigga you over there all love sick and shit" Kaydon said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nah man, some shit just been off with Bella and I'm low key worried about her. I haven't talked to her in like almost a week and half. I keep going to voicemail. Its like she avoiding a nigga"

Kaydon gripped the wheel and looked at me then back to the road, like he was debating whether or not to tell me something.

"Look check this, Gabby told me that when Bella came up there she ain't have no idea she was coming. She also told me that Bella and Damien got into it"

I looked at him before saying "what you mean they got into it, he put her out?"

"Nah man.. I don't know she didn't go into detail. All I know is that Gabby called me hella mad about the whole situation"

I didn't say anything back because I just knew that nigga ain't put his hands on her.

*Hours later*

We had just pulled up outside of the building and Gabby was out front waiting for us. She walked up to the door looking nervous, she was definitely starting to show. I waited to the side as Kaydon gave her a hug. Neither of them said anything, they just looked at one another.

Clearing my throat and chuckling I said "somebody pregnant or nahh?"

Kaydon elbowed me, while Gabby just looked at me, putting up her middle finger and walking away.

I Guess it was funnier in my head, Gabby turned around and spoke directly to me. "Bella doesn't know you came too, asshole"

"I guess I deserved that, I'm sorry Gabby, It was funny in my head"

"Well that's where It should have stayed nigga" She snapped back at me.

I didn't say anything the entire elevator ride to the apartment. I swear it was too many floors for me.

Finally getting to the apartment door, Gabby opened It. Stepping in I watched as Gabby and Kaydon walked down the hall. I just stood there not knowing what to do.

Gabby turned around and said "Down the hall make a right, the second door is where you'll find her" she then, continued walking where ever she was going.

Walking down the hall I reached the door. It was slightly ajar. Bella was sitting in front of a vanity mirror, rubbing her neck.

I decided to let my presents be known. Walking into the room I said "Girl let me drink your bath water" in a singing way.

I must have scared her because she jumped up and held her chest, but calmed when she saw that it was me. Looking a bit closer at her I seen a bruise that she was obviously trying to cover below her left eye. Along with hand marks around her neck.

Seeing those marks angered me.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU? THAT BITCH NIGGA, DAMIEN DID THIS TO YOU, HUH?"