Chapter Two

•Day Five•

"Sadie get your ass down here! We have to go! There's a difference between being fashionably late and plain old late!"

"Coming!" I yell, taking one last long look in the mirror.  My curls fall perfectly on my shoulders and my make up is very natural which gives me an innocent yet mature look. I have my favorite pair of jeans on with a loose floral tank top and gladiator shoes. Quickly, I grab my phone and rush down the stairs.

"Finally! You know, you're lucky I love you. If I didn't I would have ditched you ten minutes ago!" Ethan complains.

"I'm sorry. It's just, tonight needs to be perfect."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Now let's go," Chloe says pulling me out the door. "Seth's going to kill us for being late to his party."

When we get into the car, I immediately turn on the radio.

"Oh my god, I love this song! Turn it up!" I squeal. "Been around the world don't speak the language, but your booty don't need explainin. All I really need to understand is when you talk dirty to me."

Ethan starts to copy the instrumentals but fails.

"Omg Ethan!" I say covering my ears.

"Haters gonna hate."

Chloe rolls her eyes but continues to watch the road carefully. Finally, after ten minutes we get to Seth's house which is more like a mansion. His parents are really rich since his dad is some big shot lawyer and his mom is an anesthesiologist. The house has four floors but he keeps the top floor off limits to people during parties. Luckily, I spot Leah and Cooper in the living room dancing right away.

"Hey guys!"

"What took you so long?" Leah shouts over the music.

"Somebody *cough cough Sadie* was taking forever to get ready!"

"In my defense I needed to look good tonight," I say as someone hugs me from behind.

"You look good every night" Jonah whispers in my ear. I can already smell alcohol in his breath. This was not part of my plan! How am I supposed to kiss him when he's not even going to remember it in the morning.

"Hey Jonah" I reply leaving his embrace. I know it's just the alcohol that makes him so friendly. We've been flirting all week but not to this extent.

"Sup bro" Ethan says as they do the little handshake guys like to do.

"I'm going to find Seth," Chloe states while walking away. Something's up between the two of them but I let it go for now. She'll tell me when she's ready.

"You want a drink?" Jonah asks.

"Sure!"

"I'll come with," Ethan says. They leave and come back a few seconds later.

"Thanks" I smile taking the drink. Glancing over at Ethan, I sip from the drink while giving him a "get the hell outta here" look. He understands perfectly and leaves us alone.

"How long have you been here?" I ask.

"An hour or so...but it's been pretty lame."

"Why? Seth usually throws great parties."

"Well you weren't here... You look beautiful tonight by the way."

"Thanks you're not so bad yourself," I reply. He has on a tight black v-neck and khaki colored jeans.

"You wanna dance?"

"Sure!" I say taking a big sip from my drink and then putting it down. I'll have to get a new one later.  We start to dance but the song changes to a slow song so he pulls me in and we sway to the music.