Chapter Eleven

•Day 44•

"Earth to Sadie!" Seth says stopping me on our way to the parking lot. 

"Hmm?"

"I was saying, since prom is in five days, do you think I could throw an after party?" Seth asks.

"Oh yeah! That would be awesome!" I say, "Oh and Seth we are meeting at my house for pictures before. Chloe and I decided I have the best looking garden."

"Ouch that hurt."

"You're having the after party! Don't be so selfish now!"

"True, what time are we meeting?"

"Well limo comes at 5:40 so I say 4:30."

"Sounds good to me! I'll text the group chat."

"You sound like such a girl!" I laugh.

"I've been waiting for this day my whole life! It's gonna be one of my best parties."

"You always have good parties."

"I know but this one is gonna be special."

"Okay... if you say so."

*BZZZ BZZZ*

"Was that yours or mine?" I ask checking my phone.

"Yours" he says placing his phone back into his pocket.

Jonah: Hey look I'm so sorry but my grandma just passed away. We have to fly to England tonight. I can't make it to prom. 

Me: I'm sorry for your loss. I guess I'll go solo...

Jonah: Find some other guy. I don't want someone as beautiful as you to be sad on your last prom

Me: I wish you could come

Jonah: Me too. I got to go pack. Bye!

Me: Bye

"Sadie what's wrong," Seth says noticing my frozen expression.

"I--" 

"Ethan! Get over here!" Seth shouts across the parking lot after spotting Ethan leaving the school. 

"What? What is it?" He says out of breath from running.

"I don't know she seems to be in shock"

"Sadie can you hear me?"

"I don't have a date to prom" I finally manage to get out.

"What do you mean? We all saw Jonah ask you." Seth says. 

"And you said yes a couple days later..." Ethan adds.

"Here" I say handing them my phone. "What am I going to do? This is senior prom, my last one. It's supposed to be magical."

"And it will be," Ethan says. "Sadie, you are my best friend, and I couldn't imagine going with anyone else. Will you go to prom with me?" 

"What about that girl you like? I thought you were going to ask her?"

"Sadie, it is five days before prom. Don't you think I would've asked her by now?"

"Touche."

"So, will you go to prom with me?"

"Of course I will!" I smile. Ethan takes out a sharpie and on the palm of my hand writes 'Of course' and on his write 'Prom?'

"What's this for?"

"Makes it more of a promposal. I know you've always wanted one."

"Aw Ethan," I say dropping my crutches so we can hug, "You're my hero."