Chapter Thirteen

•Day 51•

Ethan smiles brighter than the Cheshire Cat.

"I love you"

"Huh?"

"I love you" he repeats. I just stand there. I'm shocked. "Did he just say I love you?"

"Yes, I did" he says.

A huge blush rises into my cheeks which causes him to grin.

"I knew it!" he says quickly sweeping my off of my crutches and spins us around. "You love me too"

"Yes" I whisper, "I love you too"

Before I have the chance to react, he kisses me. It's sweet and soft. Nothing like anything I've felt before.

"Get a room you two!" Chloe says.

"Shush Chloe, I bet you two were like this when Seth first said I love you" Cooper replies

"Our relationship is none of your business" Chloe cries running away with tears down her face.

"Dude you haven't said it yet?" Cooper asks pushing Seth.

"No you idiot! We only got together a month ago! I didn't want to rush into things but then we got drunk and conceived a baby so I didn't even think about it."

"Go after her stupid!" I say. He quickly runs into the other room. An awkward silences falls upon us. Ethan and I separate from our embrace, making things even more awkward.

"Well don't worry, you two have basically been dating for years. You aren't rushing anything."

"Sadie," Ethan says, "timing has never been right between us but finally we've got our chance. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will!"

Ethan smiles and kisses me again. He grabs a sharpie that is sitting on the table and rewrites 'Of course' on the palm of my hand. On his hand he writes 'girlfriend?'

"I love you" I say before kissing him one more time.

"I love you too"

Shortly after, Chloe enters the room again. "I'm sorry guys, it's this damn baby. I've been so over emotional and I hate puking every time I see food and it's just so overwhelming seeing two people fall in love when my boyfriend hasn't even said it yet."

"You still didn't say it?!" I say smacking him on the back of his head.

"Yes I said it, but she feels like I don't mean it."

"Chloe-" I say.

"Just forget about it!"

"Chloe would you just listen! If this boy didn't love you do you think he'd be standing with us right now? No. If he didn't love you he'd ditch you and the baby. But because he does love you, he's standing right here with all of us."

"Honey I love you and this baby" Seth says pulling her into a hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm not usually like this" she says.

"Girl you're pregnant. This is going to be you for the next nine months!"

She leaves to go freshen up her face which was all red from crying while the rest of them clean up. I try to help but seem to be making a bigger mess with my crutches.

"Babe I love you, but you are banned from cleaning up. Just sit," Ethan says lightly pushing me down on the couch.

"But I want to help!" Chloe says as Seth brings her onto the couch with me.