Chapter Fifteen

•Day 60•

"Dad! Where's Daisy? I need to go to school!"

"She's in the bathroom pooping!"

"Like in the litter box or on the floor?"

"Litter box" he says walking in to my room carrying my little girl.

"Oh thank god!"

"Come on Sadie!" Ethan yells from the driveway.

"Coming!"

"Jeez babe, Cooper says he has some news."

"You know, missing half of your leg makes you a bit slower than normal people."

"Any day now!" He laughs as I finally buckle up.

"I hate you," I smile.

"I love you too" he says with a quick kiss and drives. "You'll be a lot faster once your temporary prosthesis comes."

"Yeah but that's not for another two weeks"

"Days will fly by and soon enough you'll be walking again."

"Who knows if I'll even like it. Most people say it's uncomfortable."

"Just stay positive."

We get to the school and meet up with Chloe and Seth in the parking lot.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey do you know what this news is?" Chloe says.

"Nope but he seemed really happy when he called me last night," Ethan replies.

"Who's car is that?" Seth says pointing to a red mustang convertible. Ethan walks next to it and admires the leather seats.

"Is that Cooper's hat?!" he says pointing into the car.

"No fricken way" Seth says looking in himself. "Where is this boy?"

"Hey guys!" Cooper yells, leaving a huge crowd of people. A girl with wavy blonde hair, blue eyes, and dimples wearing a crop top that says love with high waisted shorts and gladiator shoes is following him. She has her nose pierced and a little tattoo on her ankle but I'm not sure what it is. "This is Lydia. She just moved here from California."

"Hi Lydia I'm Sadie!"

"I'm Chloe and this is my boyfriend Seth"

"Who's the hottie admiring my car?" she says smirking.

"Who me? Chloe already said I'm Seth"

"No stupid, she was talking about me!" Ethan says pushing him aside.

"Noooo she was definitely talking about me" Seth replies pushing him back.

"Noooooooo"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"I'm sorry about them. They have a big ego.... The other one is Ethan" I say as they continue to push each other back and forth.

"It's okay," she laughs. "So these are your friends you've been talking about"

"Yeah, you could say we are the most popular people in the school" Cooper says trying to impress her.

"You never said how gorgeous they all are!"

"God Cooper! Why wouldn't you tell her how hot I am?" I say jokingly.