Chapter Four

•Day Seven•

"Dad what's wrong?" I ask as I run into the kitchen.

"I just got off the phone with Leah's parents. They wanted to inform me that you did not sleep over her house. You went to a party?! And stayed at Seth's house with a boy you had  only met a week ago. Is that very smart of you? Do you think that was a good idea? I could understand what happened with-"

"Dad don't."

"Sadie you are too young to be having sex. I understood back then that you cou-"

"Dad! I didn't have sex! I haven't since he made me!"

"Sadie do not yell at me."

"I can't believe you! I thought we had each other's backs! Chris messed up every image I have. Haven't you realized I haven't had a boyfriend since him? Haven't you realized I have had the same friends for the last two years? Do you honestly believe I would let someone into my life so easily?"

"Regardless Sadie I want to meet this boy. You can not be sleeping with a boy even if it is just sleeping."

"Dad there is no boy! Yes I met a kid named Jonah last week but no we haven't done anything. Dad you have to believe me! Please!!"

"Sadie until I meet this boy, you are grounded. You go to school, you play softball, you come home, you stay home and do not leave. You give me your phone when you are in this house and you are not to have visitors. I'm sorry Sadie but I can't have you throwing your future away by letting some boy into your life. You're only just recovering and I do not trust this fellow. Plus you lied to me. When you say your at Leah's house I expect you to be at her house."

"Dad I can't believe you! Mom would never over react like this."

"Don't you dare bring up your mother. You are grounded until I meet him."

"This isn't fair! I'm your daughter! You should trust me!"

"I'm sorry Sadie now hand me your phone and go to your room."

I quickly send Ethan a message to meet me in my room then delete it.

"Here," I say slamming my phone on the table. I run upstairs and flop onto my bed. Frustration flows through me as I try to relax. I won't be able to until Ethan comes.  It's not too long before I hear some twigs breaking outside my window.

"You can come up!" I say as loud as I dare. Ethan climbs up a ladder my dad built into the big tree next to my room. He was going to make a tree house for me but never got the time to actually build it. Now it's in the perfect spot for me to leave or enter without my dad noticing.

"Sadie, what's wrong?" Ethan says stumbling into the room.

"I hate my dad so much" I say pulling him into a hug.

"Babe what happened?"

"Leah's parents called my dad. They told him I had sex with a boy I had only met a week ago! I tried to explain that Jonah and I didn't do anything but he doesn't believe me. He never said he did anyways. Plus why would he punish me if he trusted me?"

"It'll be okay, I promise. He'll come around. What's your punishment?"

"I'm grounded until he meets Jonah. I can't have my phone when home and I can only go to school and softball practice."

"Damn babe. That sucks. Once he meets Jonah he'll see that your telling the truth. And that he's a nice guy."

"I can't believe he doesn't trust me! He yelled at me for being so careless."