Chapter Six

•Day 12•

"How could you be so careless!" My dad yells at me.

"It's not like I could have stopped it! My bathroom is on the second floor! It's your fault for not getting new blinds!"

"Don't you dare turn this on me. First your lying to me about going to a party and sleeping with a boy, now you're saying someone climbed up to the second floor somehow and took a photo of you showering. How is that even possible Sadie?"

"Dad there is no way in hell I could have taken that picture. I can't believe you don't want to call the police or something!"

"That photo looks like someone was in the bathroom with you. It looks bad Sadie.

"That's not what happened! You have to believe me."

"I'm done with you. Go to your room and we'll talk later. Right now I just need to think."

"Fine."

I storm upstairs and flop on to my bed.

"Hey babe. I heard the yelling and thought I'd come over" Ethan says laying down next to me. I snuggle up next to him.

"Yeah well my dad somehow thinks this was my idea! He thinks I had someone in the bathroom with me and they took the photo. I tried to tell him someone outside took it but he thinks that's impossible."

Ethan pulls me closer but stays silent-- his way of telling me to continue.

"I wish he could just trust me. No, I wish my mom was here. She would believe me and have my back during all of this."

"Your mom is looking down on you right now and is probably coming up with a way to help you. She always hated to see you suffer."

"Yeah well I guess my dad did too," I say cringing at the horrid memory of my dad taking my mom off life support.

"Sadie, I thought you were over that."

"I'm sorry I am. I just- ugh I just can't stand this anymore!"

"Babe relax a little. Things will get better."

"How do you know that though? Like this could just be the beginning. Leah's plans could get worse. My dad could kick me out!"

"Whoa whoa he's not going to kick you out. He loves you!"

"I guess..."

We lie there for a while just enjoying each other's company. He subconsciously twirls the ends of my hair as I close my eyes for a nap. Thoughts stream through my head about everything but I wonder what Ethan's thinking about at this very moment.

"Hey I haven't asked you about your life in a while. It's always been about me and my stupid problems. What's happening in the world of Ethan?"

"No let's talk about you. You need it more than me."

"Come on. This gets boring!"

"Alright fine. What do you want to talk about?"

"Hmm are there any ladies in mind lately?"I ask making him roll his eyes.

"How did I know you were going to ask that?"

I laugh. "I guess you're psychic. Stop stalling and tell me!"

"Well there is this one girl but she likes someone else."

"Does she know you like her?"

"No, not at all. We flirt and stuff but she thinks I'm playing around."