Chapter Nineteen

•Day 78•

"Chloe, I love you with all my heart" Seth says getting down on one knee. "We may be young but that's okay cause I know we are meant to last. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" She squeals. Seth slides the diamond ring onto her finger and stands up. They share a couple of kisses and then excuse themselves to go upstairs.

"Well that was- interesting" Lydia says grabbing another slice of pizza.

"I didn't see that coming" I reply.

"Well she is pregnant" Ethan says.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It was bound to happen eventually."

"So you're saying if you get a girl pregnant you have to marry her?! You have to be with her?"

"Yeah that's the right thing to do"

"That's not the right thing to do! You don't just marry a girl cause you knocked her up! You marry someone when you are in love!"

"If I get a girl pregnant I'm probably going to marry her"

"So you're planning on being with other girls?!"

"No that's not what I meant-"

"It sure sounded like that"

"I meant if I ever get in that situation then I'd probably end up marrying her"

"Ethan just stop talking you're making it worse" Cooper says stepping in between us.

"Yeah listen to the smart one" I say leaving Seth's house.

Seth lives in a nice neighborhood that has sidewalks so I decided to take a walk.

I can't believe Ethan. Marriage is about love and happiness not about babies. And he had the nerve to talk about if he got in that situation. What about me? We promised to love each other. Now he's talking about us breaking up and him getting someone pregnant. Or maybe he was talking about him cheating on me! Either option is not okay.

"Sadie wait"

"Leave me alone Ethan"

"It's not Ethan" Cooper says running up to me.

"Of course it's not. He doesn't even know to chase after the girl"

"He wanted to but I stopped him"

"Why would you do that?"

"Cause I wanted to talk to you first"

"Okay well I'm here so speak"

"Getting a girl pregnant puts a lot of pressure on us guys to do the right thing. And marriage seemed like the right choice for Seth. They love each other. And he sees a future with her. Just like Ethan sees one with you"

"If he sees one with me, then why did he bring up us not being together"

"Because he's an idiot. He was trying to make a point."

"That doesn't make it okay for him to say that stuff"

"I know and I'm sure he knows that too now. He just wasn't thinking"

"Maybe he should think before he speaks"

"He made a mistake"

"I know and you know but does he know that?"

"Yes I do"

"Huh?" I say looking around. Ethan's no where in site. "What the hell was that?"

"Oh uh nothing"