Chapter Twenty Two

•Day 100•

"So Sadie, you take Lydia out for the day while we set everything up. Bring her back around 8 o'clock"

"What am I going to do with her all day?"

"I don't know just go shopping or something. Don't you need to get stuff for your dorm anyway?" Cooper says carrying groceries inside his house.

"My roommate and I are meeting up next week so we can coordinate."

"Well then figure it out. That's your only job since you have a concussion"

"Don't say that word. It makes me think about it and then the pounding comes back harder"

"Go Sadie, now" he says pushing me out the door.

"I'm going jeez!"

I walk over to Lydia's and ring the doorbell. Ben the butler answers the door.

"Hey Ben, is Lydia home?"

"Of course she's up in her room go on up."

I walk up to her room and knock on the door.

"Come in!"

"Hey Lydia, ready to go?"

"Yeah almost" she says finishing her make up."So where are we going to today?"

"I was thinking the mall. I haven't gone in forever"

"Yeah that sounds fun! Maybe we could go to the spa too!"

"You're paying then" I laugh.

"Deal. Now let's go!"

"Let's get a new outfit and then wear them after the spa" I say getting into Lydia's car.

"Sure, why not?"

We get to the mall and walk to American Eagle. We go our own ways looking for something cute to buy. I find this big loosely knitted cardigan sweater and decide to buy it.

"What did you get?" I ask Lydia as we walk out of the store towards Charlette Russe.

"This tight black crop top. It's speghetti straps."

"Cute!"

We go to Charlette Russe next. After trying on a couple day dresses, I find this skin tight tribal print tank dress. It looks amazing with the sweater I bought from American Eagle. Lydia got this pleaded high-waisted full midi skirt in a mint green.

"Shoes?" she asks as we walk aimlessly.

"I think I have a pair of flats that would look great. Do you need any?"

"No I think I have something too. Wanna go to the spa now?"

I check the time. It's two in the afternoon. We still have six hours to go.

"Sure, where is it?"

"Only ten minutes away from here. If we get a mani-peti and a massage, it would take us about three hours depending on the nail polish."

"Sweet! Let's go!"

We arrive at the spa and automatically get served. I think Lydia knows people here or something. I pick out a light pink nailpolish and then a woman leads me to a chair. She does my pedicure first. The lady doesn't even say anything about having one leg. She just removes my prosthetic and continued. Lydia is in the chair next to me watching the movie that's playing. I think it's The Blind Side.

"So what's going on with you and Cooper?"

She blushes but tries to hide it.

"We're just having fun. No relationship yet but it might happen. I'm so used to it around here now and I feel part of this little gang we have so I think I'd be okay if he'd ask me out. But the thing is we are already half way through summer and then it's college and we aren't going to the same school."