Chapter Twelve

•Day 49•

"Sadie hurry up! The boys will be here any minute!" Chloe shouts from my room. I quickly zip up my dress and put on my jewelry. "Jeez! I'm pregnant and you're the slow one!"

"You're barely two weeks pregnant! You just wait until it's seven months. Then we will see who's the slow poke," I say leaving the bathroom.

*DING DONG*

"Ahhh they're here!" I squeal.

I peak down the staircase to see Ethan and his parents enter my house. He looks around smiling, while talking to my dad about who knows what. I can see the anticipation on his face. He's looking for me.

Ethan takes a glance up the stairs and our eyes meet. My stomach instantly fills with millions of butterflies.

"Why don't we wait for them in the family room? I'm sure Sadie just needs me to carry her down the stairs," my dad says.

"Mr. Parker, if you don't mind, I'd like to go upstairs and carry her down."

"Go right ahead."

I come out from behind the corner as Ethan walks up the stairs. Each step he takes makes my heart beat faster. There's something about him in a tux that makes me feel all funny inside.

"Sadie you look-- wow."

"You're not too shabby yourself."

"I'm serious," he says, taking my hand in his he looks me in the eyes, "I'm at a lost of words. You're so beautiful."

I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks. "Thanks Ethan."

"Here let me take the crutches," Chloe says from behind us. I totally forgot she was there.

Ethan carries me down the stairs drawing all the attention to us. Flashes of cameras begin to go off everywhere.

He puts me down at the bottom of the stairs and Chloe ends me my crutches. Seth then approaches her and they whisper to each other. I hadn't even notice he and his family arrived.

"Oh this is for you" Ethan says putting my corsage on.

"Dad can I have his boutonnière?"

I place the boutonnière on Ethan's tux while millions of cameras flash. I assume Chloe and Seth are doing the same thing but I'm not sure. I'm too focused on the boy in front of me to care about anyone else.

"Where is Cooper and his date?" Seth asks.

"He's late as always," I say.

"Let's take a couple of pictures while we wait," my dad says," First the couples, then the girls."

We walk outside to take a bunch of pictures. First it's me and Ethan; then Chloe and Seth; then all four of us; then us girls; then the boys; then me and my dad; then every other family--it's like a never ending photo shoot. My cheeks are starting to hurt from smiling! We head back inside for snacks after getting plenty of photos when Cooper and this girl named Destiny finally arrive. She hung out with us a couple of times before but mainly for Ethan. I wonder if she is the girl he likes.

"Alright more pictures!" Chloe squeals. We take even more pictures for another half hour or so. Finally the limo arrives and it's time to leave for senior prom. The best night of our lives.