Chapter Fourteen

•Day 57•

"Sadie! Wake up! You are going to be late to school!"

"Shit. What time is it?"

"7:00!"

"Ahhh!" I shout quickly hopping to my mirror. I put on some make up and quickly french braid my hair. I grab some athletic shorts and a t-shirt and to my drawers to put on Nike socks and my black high top converse. I leave my room as fast as I can and head towards the stairs. Out of nowhere, something gets stuck on my crutch which causes me to go flying down the stairs. Ethan was just walking in as I tumble all the way down.

"Sadie!" he yells watching me fall helplessly. "Are you okay?" he asks as I lie on the floor. He gives out his hand to help me up.

"Yeah" I say breathless. "I can not wait for my temporary prosthesis."

"What happened?" he says trying to hold in a laugh.

"Something got caught on my crutch."

I look up to see what tripped me to find a cat toy on the ground. Great a stupid cat toy. Once Ethan realizes what tripped me he bursts out in laughter.

"What happened?" my dad says finally showing up.

"I fell down the stairs!"

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt? Where's Daisy? Did she put the toy there?"

"Whoa dad, enough with the questions. I'm fine, Daisy is in her cage."

"You didn't sleep with her?"

"No, I um wasn't feeling to well so I didn't want to um like trip over her or something" I say trying not to look him in the eyes. He can always tell when I'm lying. The truth is Ethan came over last night and slept over. I was feeling lonely and the bear he gave me wasn't the same as the real Ethan.

"We should probably get going. I don't want to be late."

"Yeah bye dad! See you tonight!"

"I'm working late! I have some paperwork to go over."

"Okay bye!" I say shutting the door.

"Sadie you are so terrible! You need to be a better liar"

"Sorry my mom told me to always tell the truth" I say.

"At least I know you won't lie to me" he says smirking.

"Oh no" I say laughing. "Don't you dare use this against me"

We get in the car and buckle up. "You just wait and see"

After we arrive at school, we see Chloe and Seth walking towards Cooper. We head over there ourselves and notice something is wrong with Chloe. She looks like she's about to cry.

"Sadie!" she says running over to me. I give her a big hug and we walk back to the boys.

"What's wrong?" Ethan asks.

"We told our parents last night," Seth pauses, "And they want us to put it up for adoption. Both of our parents. So we told them to go fuck themselves. We agreed to keep the baby."

"Then my parents said they didn't want a baby in the house so if I wanted to keep the baby, then I would have to leave." Chloe finishes with a tear falling down her cheek.

"Oh Chloe! I'm so sorry!"

"They gave us my college funds and told me to visit once a month since they still want to be a part of the baby's life. Can you believe it? They tell me I can't live there because they don't want the baby to keep them up at night. They care more about their jobs than me!"