Chapter Nine

•Day 34•

"SADIIEEEEE"

I groan, not wanting to wake up.

"Get up I can't feel my leg!"

"Ha ha ha."

"Pleaseeeeee! I've been waiting for you to wake up for the last two hours! I need to peeeeeee!"

"Why didn't you just carry me to my bed?"

"Cause we aren't at your house stupid."

"Ethan, just let me sleep"

"No now get up!"

"Ughhhh fine!"

I open my eyes and look at our surroundings. The sun beats down on the sand in the distance. I can hear the waves crashing on the shore along with the screaming of kids playing. The salt air fills my lungs and the sweet breeze fills the car who's windows are down.

"Really babe? I know you are confused but I still need to pee!"

"Sorry" I say moving off of him.

"Wooo Sadie's awake!" Cooper yells. Seth, Chloe, and Cooper come out of the house that I now notice is behind the car.

"Where are we and where is my Dad?"

"Well he drove us here and then took a taxi to
a hotel." Chloe says "We have this house for a couple of days. I don't know apparently your dad has connections and this is some families weekend home."

"Can someone hand me my crutches?"

"I knew we forgot something!" She says.

"Did you at least remember my wheel chair?"

"You think that could have fit in a car filled with six people's suitcases?"

"What am I supposed to do? I don't even have a preparatory prosthesis!"

"Stop using big words no one understands," Cooper complains. "It's fine, we can go to the store and get you a new pair."

"Good luck with that. I wouldn't even know what store to go to."

"Okay why don't me and Chloe go look for a store while Cooper and Ethan get you inside and settled onto the couch or something," Seth says.

"Sounds like a plan!"

Chloe and Seth take the car, which apparently has been emptied while I was sleeping, and leave for a store.

"Ethan! Cooper! I have to peeee!!!"

"So go pee," Ethan says walking away.

"One problem with that"

"What?" He stops.

"Um I'm sort of missing half of my leg and you idiots forgot my crutches!" I shout at him.

"Jeez someone's cranky today. Would you like me to carry you?"

"Yes please!"

Ethan walks back over and sweeps me off my feet. Or should I say foot. The three of us go inside this beautiful beach house. When we walk in, there's this grand spiral staircase that leads upstairs straight ahead. The the left of the stair case is a doorway which leads to the family room. In the family room, there's two huge sofas perpendicular to each other to form an L shape. There's a huge flat screen tv hanging on the wall across the room and floor to ceiling windows for the left wall that face the ocean. The bathroom is right down the hall.