Chapter One

You got up especially early this Saturday morning just to go to your favorite thing every year, the Shrek Convention. Enthusiastically, you hopped out of bed putting on your Shrek slippers, matching your Shrek pajamas.

You weren't exactly obsessed with Shrek. But Shrek was love. Shrek was life.

You went downstairs to eat your favorite breakfast, as you were making it you thought the house was a little too quiet, so you put on your favorite song, All Star.

You played it full blast on your radio, ignoring all the noise complaints you get from your neighbors.

You mainly went to conventions like these to meet a (man/woman) who had the same love of Shrek as you. But sadly, all the (guys/girls) you hooked up with were a little too cool for your liking. They'd always think you were too obsessed.

But today was your day, as coincidentally the Shrek convention was held on the same day as your birthday. No one was getting in your way. Not today.

After breakfast you went and put on your attire for the day, a shirt with all the Shrek 2 characters on it, green pants, and black converse. You put on very little makeup because you want people to notice you for you. Besides you were too bad at makeup to attempt it. Mascara and lipgloss was all you could manage to do.

You grabbed your keys and phone, and of course your Shrek earbuds and left the house.

As you got into your car you realized you were forgetting one very important thing.

Your Shrek Ears.

Quickly getting out of your car and unlocking your house you grabbed the ears and left, not wanting to be late or last in line to get into the convention.

You drove as fast as you could to the convention, careful not to get a ticket, as you pulled up you saw a line already out the door of the center.

Mentally cursing at yourself, you got out the car and ran up to the line, not wanting anymore people ahead of you.

In the line, you admired how far people would go for the convention. You saw married couples dressed like Shrek and Fiona, and their children dressed like Farkle, Fergus, and Felicia. Some people brought their cats, and some brought their dogs to look like donkey.

"Oh I wish I was Fiona."

You said a little too loud. The woman in front of you heard and turned around immediately and laughed out loud.

"Me too!" She said, clearly sarcastic.

Looking down in embarrassment, you saw a big guy's shadow go behind you. Turning around you saw an extremely tall guy, chubby, and a cosplayer of Shrek, but all the details look so real. Too real.

"Nice costume, the details look so real!" You said to him, admiringly.

He chuckled and held his belly, "A costume! I wish!" His voice sounded oddly familiar, like Shrek's.

Confused, you turned back around and just thought he meant it was a lifestyle. He was the perfect guy for you. You were just too awkward to say anything more to him.

As the line started moving, everyone cheered, people started playing I'm a Believer, All Star and other songs from the movie's soundtrack.

As you were in, you wanted to talk to the guy again, his voice was soothing, even though you didn't know how he looked under the costume, you loved him.

Gathering up the confidence to talk to him, you turned around and realized, you had lost him in the crowd.