Chapter Five

You woke up at your usual time and hid your face under the pillow to try to stop the sun rays from reaching your eyes.

You reached out, blindly, trying to find you phone. Your hand finally reached the rectangular object and pulled it closely to your face, reading each notification.

There were about 3 missed calls from Alex, and about 5 from...no.

It can't be.

Shrek?!

You gave him your number last night, but you never ever thought he would actually call it.

Now wide awake, you quickly called back the number, hoping you didn't lose a chance at whatever he was calling for.

"Hello?" A voice said groggily into the phone.

"Hi!" You said, trying to keep calm, even though you were screaming inside.

"Y/N?" It felt so nice to hear him say your name.

"Yeah, it's me!" You said that maybe too excitedly.

"Great! I almost thought you gave me the wrong number!" He laughed into the phone, then cleared his throat, ready to say more, "I was just calling to see if you wanted to come over and eat breakfast?"

Awaiting your answer, he lightly hummed into the phone, you were too shocked and excited to answer, you thought your heart might explode.

"Y/N?"

"Yes!! When should I be over?"

"Anytime, see ya!" With that, he hung up the phone, leaving you sitting in your bed, freaking out about what to wear.

"Should I just wear casual clothes? Jeans or Shorts? Maybe a sweatshirt? Is it too hot for a sweatshirt? Is it too cold for a T-Shirt? What are we eating for breakfast?" Quickly pacing around the room, running your hands through your hair, you jumped back onto your bed and caught a whiff of what you smelled like.

"Maybe I shouldn't stay that long at a swamp, or else I'll start smelling like this."

You quickly took a shower and rummaged through your closet. You looked at the time, it had already been 30 minutes.

"Oh my god, he must be waiting!"

You threw on a white T-Shirt, black jeans, and converse, and quickly grabbed your keys and ran to your car.

On your way to his swamp you came to the realization that you forgot to brush your teeth.

"Oh no! What will he think of me now! He might think I'm a slob!"

It was too late to go home and brush your teeth because as you realized that, you were already pulling up to his house.

Getting out of you car, Shrek ran out of his house and came to greet you.

"Y/N! It's so great to see you! Did you sleep well?"

"I slept fine, what about you?"

"Slept like I was on a cloud! Come on, I'm hungry!" When is he never hungry?

As you stepped into your home you smelled something delicious but also foul.

"Y/N! Glad your with us this morning. You know I only make breakfast for special occasions!" You heard a voice coming from the kitchen, "I'm making waffles!"

It's just Donkey.

"Yeah, yeah. Hurry, jackass, I'm hungry!" Shrek yelled back at him.

You were about to scold Shrek for using such profanity, but remembered, Donkey is indeed, a jackass.

Donkey came out the kitchen with three plates of waffles.

"One for the lady, one for the ogre, and one for the very handsome, charming, funny, and great cook, donkey."

"Thank you, Donkey." You mumbled while stuffing your face with waffles.

Wow. Donkey really did make good waffles.

"How is it? Great? Oh I know!" Donkey laughed at himself, while eating his waffles.

Shrek shook his head, then turned his attention to you, "Are you doing anything today?"

"Just sleeping and watching youtube, I guess I'm pretty busy."

"Oh..." He sounded disappointed, did he not understand sarcasm?

"I was being sarcastic. I'm not doing anything today."

His face immediately lit up, "Great! Would you like to do something?"

"Like wh-" Donkey cut you off by asking if you were done with you waffles and took your plate away.

"You're going to have the best day." Shrek said, getting up from the table.

He didn't know it was already the best day just by seeing him.