Chapter Twelve

You and Shrek hung out all the time, becoming closer, and closer, as friends. He was a very sweet and funny guy.

After a month you started getting feelings for him. Not just because he was Shrek, but because of his personality.

One day, you and Shrek were sitting on your couch playing overwatch, and randomly he said, "When am I going to meet your parents?"

"W-what?" You didn't think much about your parents, you didn't like to talk about them, since you missed them so much.

"Your mom and dad. You've been my best friend for a long time and I've never heard anything about your parents." He paused the game to look at you straight in the eye.

"I don't talk about my parents much, but I guess you should know-"

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to!" He said waving his hands in the air.

"No, it's fine." You cleared your throat, swallowing the tears, "I never had the best relationship with them. They pushed me out of the house to go to college here and get good money to send to them. I cut off ties, since I had to pay for my stuff too."

"Oh Y/N...I'm sorry, I-"

"It's fine, Shrek. Really."

"Okay..." He turned back around and continued the game.

"Let's go to the fair." He blurted out.

He got up and saved the game and turned off everything, you already had on decent clothes so he dragged you out of the house and drove to the fair.

"Why the sudden urge?" You ask, looking out the window.

"We never do anything, why not?"

You got to the fair and he paid for both tickets.
The smells of the food and stinky kids overwhelmed you.

"What's first?" You ask and Shrek takes you hand and takes you immediately to the bumper cars.

He kept on hitting you, head on, and you may have gotten whiplash, but you were having too much fun.

He went to a stand and won you a big, blue, panda bear. Then bought you a waffle on a stick.

The further you got into the fair, the closer you got to the ferris wheel, which you were most excited about.

"Ferries wheel time!" You jumped up and ran towards the line.

"I don't really know, Y/N." Shrek said, pacing side to side.

"Don't be a wimp, Shrek."

"I am not."

"Are you scared of heights?" You grinned at him, waiting his answer.

"No."

"Then let's go!" You took him and pulled him onto the seat in front of you.

As it got higher, Shrek started fidgeting more and more.

You put your small hand over his large green one and looked him in the eye,"Everything will be alright."

His, tense, muscles relaxed, and his breathing went back to normal. As you reached the top, you looked out on the view.

"Do you want to go to mars with me?" Shrek said, still looking out, above the trees, roads, and buildings.

"Hm?" You heard him, just didn't know what to answer, or what he meant.

"Nevermind." He laughed and moved around in his seat.

The rest of the ride was peaceful and quiet. You and Shrek ran straight towards the Maze of Mirrors.

"Ladies first." Shrek said before entering the place.

You, being first, ran straight into a mirror many, many, many times.

"Try to get out of here without a bruise on your forehead!" Shrek sarcastically laughed.

"You go first, genius!" You switched places with him. He almost immediately ran into a mirror, "Ha! See!"

He kept on running into the mirrors, until you found the way out. Y'all walked around some more until it got too late and had to go home.

As he dropped you off at your house he said, "Try to go to bed without bumping your head on anything else!" He laughed and drove away.