Chapter Eight

On your way back to your house you kept hearing him say it over and over again.

"Thank you for letting me be happy again."

"What did he mean by that?!?" You yelled at yourself and accidentally honked the horn.

That sentence was echoing through your head. You tried thinking about the way he said it, what he looked like while saying it. Everything was confusing you.

You made it back safely to your house and decided to go to sleep. You laid your head on the pillow and realized you were wide awake. You checked your phone and watched youtube, the next thing you know is the sun shining through your windows and your only half way done binge watching your favorite youtubers videos.

You made yourself some breakfast and sat at the table. You stared blankly at the wall until it came back to you.

"Thank you for letting me happy again."

Why did he have this much impact on you? He's just an ogre that was just on a movie and you became obsessed with him as a whole. He wasn't even real in the first place.

You began to rethink all your life choices and regret many things that were happening.

You let out a loud groan and got up from the table and laid face first on the ground. What's a day without an existential crisis, right?

You ended up falling asleep on the ground while thinking about everything and was awaken by your doorbell.

You got up and wondered who would come at such a time. You opened you front door and there was Alex, greeting you with a smile.

"Hi, Y/N!"

"How did you get my address, Alex?"

He started looking around frantically and trying his best not to make eye contact.

"You...uh...gave it to me, remember?"

"No. I don't remember giving you my address."

"You were probably tired and sleep deprived, that's why you don't remember. Anyways, I came over to see how you were, since you said you were sick."

"I'm feeling better today, just really tired." You stretched and yawned.

"Oh, well, we should make plans some time. I think that would be fun!"

"Maybe I should tell him that I'm not interested..." You thought to yourself and decided why not?

"Alex...You really are sweet, and I'm sure a lot of girls would absolutely love you! It's just I'm not that girl...I'm sorry."

He started busting out laughing, was it something you said? Something you were wearing?

"Y/N! I don't like you! I mean don't take that in the wrong way! You're really sweet and pretty it's just...I like guys!" He clutched his stomach and fell to the ground laughing.

"Oh god. I'm sorry. I didn't know. I- ah" You were so embarrassed, to assume a guy likes you just because he wants to hang out? Tsk.

"It's ok, Y/N, really. But would you like to hang out soon?"

"Uh- yeah sure, can't today, though. Thanks for stopping by. Bye!" You slammed the door and hid your face in your hands from embarrassment.

After a while, you wanted to see Shrek, maybe surprise him and bring him some candies or such.

You left your house with Frozen and some candy. Hopefully he was home and wouldn't mind you stopping by.

Almost 5 minutes to his swamp you noticed a bunch of police cars, an ambulance, and fire trucks on the side of the road.

Being the nosy person you are, you looked to see what was going on. It looked like a head on collision from a car driving on the wrong side of the road.

There were people inside the ambulance, working on someone, you couldn't exactly see who.

And then it clicked.

That was Shrek's car driving the wrong way, and that was Shrek in the ambulance.